Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

How to enter an opening balance

Hi there,

As of the 1st June, I have started using a 'new' bank account which had a previous balance in it which has since been transferred out. I set up the bank feed for it mid June and have imported a bank statement for the transactions from 1st June to mid June.

Upon attempting to reconcile that account as at 30th June, I realised that I should have set it up with an opening balance but I am struggling to save that opening balance now. When following the instructions of going into the accounts list, edit etc I am able to enter the balance and click save however it seems that there is a backend (440 Bad Request error ) ocurring (that is not visible on the UI). 

I don't wish to affect any other accounts opening balance dates so I am stuck as to how to simply save the opening balance as at 1st June for this one account.

Thank you

Jill

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
505 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

505Posts

40Kudos

60Solutions

Re: How to enter an opening balance

Hi @-Jill- 

Since it sounds like you have been following the correct steps for changing an opening balance but you are still receiving this error, I'll need a little more information to look into this further for you. Could you please send me a private message by clicking this link and let me know your serial number and email address?

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post