Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to match a single bank transaction payment to seperate bills

Hi, I have seperate small bills set up for a single supplier and made one payment to pay partially to all these little bills. However, the next day when the bank feed came in, I could not seperate/break down to match the several  bills. It keep on forcing the full payment  to only one bill. I can't find a way to type in the payment amount for that bill, there is no option for that. Alternately, I can instead allocate the cost seperately (not do matching) but in doing so, it is not matching and updating payments to the bills. Any advice???

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,215 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,215Posts

240Kudos

309Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to match a single bank transaction payment to seperate bills

Hi @Eagle2015

Thank you for your post. To do this, you'd need to group the multiple supplier payments in AccountRight using the electronic payments feature and then match the electronic payment to the Bank Feed transaction. Our help article Matching a bank feed to multiple transactions has the instructions on how to do this. 

I hope this helps, please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have the issue being described here, but I am using Essentials, which I dont believe has the Electronic payment option.

I have several rent invoices, which are being all partly paid, as some of the rent is being deferred. Multiple part payments were paid in one bank transaction, but I cannot find a way to correctly allocate the bank transaction to the collective Pay Bills transaction - and it did not auto match, as usually happens.

Peter

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Matching multiple part payments to one bank transaction

Hi,

Resulting from rent waivers and rent deferrals I have a situation where I made a single payment to my landlord, but it covered multiple part payments of bills.

I have not been able to find a way to get these part payments allocated to the bank transaction.

I used the pay bills function to record part payments against the bills, expecting the bank transaction to auto match to this 'pay bills' transaction, but it did not happen, and I cannot see any other mechanism.

(I did find an entry in the forum like this, but for AccountRight, and the solution was to prepare an electronic bank transaction file. That facility does not exist in Essentials).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,215 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,215Posts

240Kudos

309Solutions

Hi @PeterMc17

Thank you for your post. I would recommend checking our help article Matching bank transactions, under heading Matching partial payments has instructions on how you can allocate partial payments made to the transaction. 

Please do let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post