How to present Industry Allowances on payslip eg tool allowance, electrician licence allowance

ali23
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How to present Industry Allowances on payslip eg tool allowance, electrician licence allowance

Hi, I am trying to sent up our first employee (an apprentice) in payroll. 

His hourly pay rate from Fair Work is $14.15 per hour. This rate includes base rate weekly allowances (tool allowance $19.95, electrical licence allowance $17.37 and industry allowance $17.86. )

Fair Work says I need to itemise these allowances on the payslips, I have set them up in "Pay Items" . However when I generate the payslip these amounts are being added on in addition to his base wage. I need them to be included . How do I show these amounts itemised on the payslip but not have them added on the the total pay as they are already included in the $14.15 per hour ? 

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,538Posts

769Kudos

879Solutions

Re: How to present Industry Allowances on payslip eg tool allowance, electrician licence allowance

Hi @ali23 

Thanks for your post. Pay items such as allowances, are additional earnings paid on top of an employee's normal wages. As such, any amounts paid to those allowances will be added onto the base hourly amount. From an Essentials perspective, in order for the allowances to be listed separately you will need to deduct the allowance amounts from the base hourly rate and change the base hourly rate accordingly.

From memory when you use the Pay Calculator in the Fairwork website it gives you the hourly amount for those allowances. 

This help article has detailed information on allowances that you may find helpful: Allowances

Please let me know if you need further help,

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post