How to select multiple bank transactions for bulk coding?

Highlighted
Partner
12 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

12Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

How to select multiple bank transactions for bulk coding?

Here is the suggestion if you do most of the coding manually in Essential & want to select bunch of multiple transactions.

Go to Google Chrome & install extention "Check Range". Once installed, refresh your bank transaction page. Now select your first transaction by clicking tick in front of the transaction. Next you press shift & click the tick box of last transaction you want to select in list. It will automatically tick all the tick boxes in between those two ticks.

MYOB essential should really think of putting this option as inbuilt feature fo essential.

Arun Kumar

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,487 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,487Posts

99Kudos

123Solutions

Re: How to select multiple bank transactions for bulk coding?

Hi @Arunnz

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the MYOB Community I hope others find it useful. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any questions or suggestions, we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Arrunz, how do you find 'Check range' in the extensions folder? I've used the search bar and it can't find anything.

Highlighted
Partner
12 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

12Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @localselection @Melisa_D 

You will need to first install the extention in your Google Chrome. Here is the link to install it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/check-range/kcfmannklpnoilbdlaabnfolfepmpmfj

Please see screenshots below for steps to follow.

Regards

pic1.PNG
Pic2.PNG
Pic3.png
Pic3.png
Highlighted
Partner
1,224 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,224Posts

914Kudos

192Solutions

Hi @Arunnz 

I find that typing a filter into the 'with text' field allows me to display just the entries I want, then I select the check all check box at the top of the list and allocate the acount that way, but I can see the potential for your method.

Regards,

AlanT

Highlighted
Partner
12 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

12Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AlanT 

I agree with your point. But naration for tranasctions is not always same. So it come handy then. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Partner
1,224 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,224Posts

914Kudos

192Solutions

Hi @Arunnz @Melisa_D 

Don't forget that the filter does include more than just the memo, you can also filter the amount.

Where this does fail is the filter does not include the account field, so if you need to find all the transactions allocated to a particular account so you can correct them, there is no easy solution to this.

Not sure if your suggestion would work in this situation.  Maybe try it and let us know.

Regards,

AlanT

Highlighted
Partner
12 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

12Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AlanT 

It works for multiple select on different range as well. For e.g if I want to select first 10 transactions and then skip next 20 and then select 10 after that. So it helps in slecting multiple bulk transactions. Atatched gif below.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post