1 Post
User
Brooke2310

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I need to delete my company file and start again

Hi,

My partner has been using MYOB for his small business, however it is a bit of a mess and I think it will be easier to start over from Jan 2018. Can anyone please tell me how I can restart the file???

Thanks

Brooke

8 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,569 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25569Posts

2942Kudos

3732Solutions

Re: I need to delete my company file and start again

Hi @Brooke2310

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I can see you are using MYOB Essentials, if you do have any MYOB Essentials Business setup it is recommended that you attempt to correct what you do need to either via entering transactions or deleting transactions. This is opposed to creating a new MYOB Essentials Business. A creating a new MYOB Essentials Business can have a flow on effect especially if bank feeds are involved.

If you do need assistance with correcting that situation my recommendation is to consultant an MYOB Partner within your area. Some offer onsite assistance, others do remote/phone assistance. They should be able to assess the situation, aid in correcting any issues and also provide some training. An MYOB Partner in your area can be found on Find an Advisor

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing User Upinframes
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Upinframes
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I am new to Myob and only started it in March 2018. I thought i had been inputting my spending, banking, invoices created/paid correctly but i havnt and feel that i just need to start fresh. I have done some bank reconcilliations and input of expenses and income.. but i just want to delete everything and start again.. How can i do this??? Its only 3 months worth, wont take me long and i know what i am doing now (no prior training in myob before i started using it) i have business basics so a very old version

thansk Alyssa

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,363 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8363Posts

897Kudos

1164Solutions

HI @Upinframes

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Within Business Basics there is no reset button, instead you would have to go through and delete each transaction individually. Once all transactions have been deleted then you would also need to clear the account balances of any opening balances entered into the file.

Once this is all done then the file would be completely empty so you could start the file again

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Upinframes
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

Thank you for replying so quickly.. can i do this even if i have done bank reconciliations???

i know its a very old version but its enough for what i need? when i do it right haha

thanks Alyssa

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,363 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8363Posts

897Kudos

1164Solutions

HI @Upinframes

Within the Business Basics program, it wasn’t possible to delete bank reconciliations directly. Instead each transaction that made up the reconciliation would need to be deleted, and in doing so it will delete the bank reconciliation itself

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Upinframes
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ahh ok Smiley Happy 

thank you sorry im a novice as you can tell Smiley Happy

5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Upinframes
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

i think i just need to restart everything as that will take me forever to do (3 months worth) and i cant seem to work out how to delete an invoice already generated and paid against.. 

gahhhh i wish i was taught properly on this...

there is no way to go back to my first back up on the 1/03 and start from there is there??

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,363 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8363Posts

897Kudos

1164Solutions

Hi @Upinframes

Although Business Basics is an older product and isn’t actively supported, I’d try opening the transaction and looking under the different menu options to see whether there is a delete option available. For transactions that have a chain of events, such as an invoice and payment on that invoice, you need to delete backwards. So the last item in the chain of events need to be deleted first, ie the payment has to be deleted first before the invoice.

In terms of restoring a backup as long as it was on that computer you should be able to restore it. This is typically done by going to File >> Restore, which will go through the restore process

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post