Moultonc
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Accounts - Internal Server Error

I am trying to load a new chart of accounts but keep getting an Internal Server Error when I press import & overwrite

Loading from a tab seperated txt file as csv wouldnt work

Getting no  other errors:

368 accounts will be imported

0 accounts will be imported with changes

0 accounts have unsupported account type

0 accounts cant be imported

Screen shot attatched.

Capture.JPG
2 REPLIES 2
Moultonc
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Importing Accounts - Internal Server Error

OK - so just in case someone else has this problem. The solution was that the text file had two bank accounts that were being imported that already existed in the chart of accounts. While these werent system accounts (ie pad locked) they were linked to bank feeds, and so thats probably why they couldnt be overwritten. Once the accounts were deleted from the input file all of the other accounts loaded successfully.

Highlighted
PBORAZIO
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Importing Accounts - Internal Server Error

Just to add a further note to this, I had this problem on a file that had not even set up the bank feeds yet, with no transactions in the entire file!

But the problem was the fact that, in Payroll Settings, I had assigned a bank account to have the wages paid from. If that account number exists in your chart, it will return an Internal Server Error.

Easiest fix is to probably to remove that bank account from the chart that you're importing.

Alternatively (what I did) in your Accounts List you can change the actual account number of that bank account where your payroll is being processed from, so that it doesn't interfere with the import.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post