Importing General Journal into Essentials

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AmandaForest
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Importing General Journal into Essentials

Is it possible to import my general journal data from AccountRight into my new Essentials online program?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Importing General Journal into Essentials

Hi @AmandaForest 

In Short: No, you're unable to import Journal Entries into Essentials directly.

The only things that can be imported so far are:

• Contacts (Customers & Suppliers)
  • Items (For use in Sales & Purchases)
  • Bank Statements (In the Bank Transactions module)
  • Account List

In the case of inputting Journal Entries into Essentials, a User would need to enter this manually.

You can submit a Product Suggestion for Essentials, this way the Dev Crews can be notified of the request and look at adding it into their items to implement.

Relevant Links:

Importing and exporting (Support Note)

Import bank and credit card statements (Support Note)

Importing an accounts list (Support Note)

Adding and finding journal entries (Support Note)

MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange (Product Suggestions)

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User AnnetteW
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Hayden - I am establishing a MYOB Essentials file for one of my clients - converting from Account Right v19 - as I want to bring over the data from 1 July 2017 up to date, how can that be achieved? I had already set up the chart of accounts, brought over the suppliers and customers and would have been very happy to also be able to bring the transactions across, only to see from this post that this is not possible? 

How can I complete this process and start entering data, please?

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AnnetteW 

The only way to import transactions in Essentials via the Front-End would be importing a Bank Statement (Link in my previous reply).

That said, there is a Migration Service that can fetch the data from within an AccountRight file and then import that data into Essentials on the Back-End. Here's a link to read more on that service: Move to Essentials

The Migration Service would import all this data for you, however some data is imported as Journal Entries specifically to similate the activity on the Balance Sheet & Profit and Loss reports and is not designed for transaction lookup for older periods, it's recommended to keep the old set of books on hand for this purpose.

Otherwise you would need to import the accounts, Customers & Suppliers and Bank Transactions to re-allocate. However this does NOT include Employees. These would need to be added manually and also any Payroll Transactions need to be re-entered manually also.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post