3 Posts
User
SteveSmith

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In tray invoice processing has stopped recognizing amount

Hi all,

I have developed a system that creates and emails supplier invoices in a standard and predictable format that turn up in our MYOB in tray. After much experimentation, I had this working reliably and all fields were being pre-filled correctly. Recently all of this chnaged and I found I had to reformat the PDF output from my application before MYOB would recognize the Invoice Number and Invoice Date fields, but no amount of experimentation has been succesfull in getting MYOB to recognize and pre-fill the invoice item details (qty and amount are the only fields I care about). Does anyone know what chnaged, and what the secret to working with the MYOB OCR implementation is that would overcome this?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,988 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5988Posts

961Kudos

849Solutions

Re: In tray invoice processing has stopped recognizing amount

Hi @SteveSmith 

We use Xtracta's Invoice scanning API to read Invoice Data, if your Invoice is not being read it would look like the Xtracta API is having some problems. 

This tends to try and follow a specific format, out of curiosity when your system generates the PDF how are the detailed layed out? IE: Date, ABN, etc. Is this set as an Image or data table in the PDF?

Xtracta do have some troubles scanning if some information is more Raster data as opposed to direct PDF table information.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

SteveSmith
3 Posts
User
SteveSmith

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: In tray invoice processing has stopped recognizing amount

Thanks Hayden,

Below is an example of the latest format I've tried. I experimetd with suing a larger font for the line item details, but that didn't work. As it stands roight now, OCR is picking up Invoice Date, Supplier ABN, Invoice Number and possibly Qty and GST Inclusive (they are highlighted in blue but I'm not sure if the OCR process picked them up).

Would appreciate any tips you can provide on formatting that might solve this for me.

Steve

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 3.52.17 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 3.59.26 pm.png

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post