Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Lasy year figures showing in Trial Balance when last year did not exist

I have noticed more than a dozen client files have last year balances showing in Trial Balance. MYOB did not exist last year and no opening balances show in Chart of accounts.  How do we fix them as I have lost confidence in MYOB data?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,173Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Re: Lasy year figures showing in Trial Balance when last year did not exist

Hello @RYUSHIDOMAN 

Thank you for your post. We are aware that for some Essentials users, the 'Last Year' column is showing an amount when running the trial balance report. Could you confirm in your scenario that it is the Profit and Loss accounts which are showing unnecessary figures? 

When you say 'MYOB did not exist last year,' do you mean these are new businesses started completely afresh this year, or simply that their files were not with your firm/Essentials prior to this year? If they had data imported into Essentials from previous years/other software/etc., that would account for this particular bug pulling in data to that 'Last Year' column. To my knowledge at this time there is not a workaround for the situation, however, it has been indicated that things should still balance despite these figures. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Last year figures showing in Trial Balance when last year did not exist

Dear Emily

MYOB transitioned our clients over from Banklink

It appears that they were over zealous in the file transfer and have transferred from 01.07.2018 instead of 01.07.2019 as we requested. Files appear stuck on opening balance as at 01/07/2018 and will not let the file be rolled to 01/07/2019 opening balance.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,173Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Re: Last year figures showing in Trial Balance when last year did not exist

Hello @RYUSHIDOMAN 

This does sound like the Essentials issue outlined above in that 'Last Year' column is showing an amount when running the trial balance report. Could you confirm in your scenario that it is the Profit and Loss accounts which are showing unnecessary figures? 

As indicated, the Trial Balance will still balance, it will just contain multiple years. However, you have indicated the file is stuck in 2018 and cannot be rolled over. Could you please provide some screenshots illustrating what you see in your software in regards to this?

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post