Leave accrual

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Leave accrual

I wish to accrue 10 weeks leave per year as I work in sessional kinder. The system only allows me to accrue a maximum of eight weeks per year. Is there a work around like adding in an extra leave item. I am setting up payroll now so and would like this all set to go for our new financial year. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
531 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

531Posts

48Kudos

46Solutions

Re: Leave accrual

Hi @rachelv68 

Thank you for your post. 

Unfortunately, the system does only allow you to accrue a maximum of eight weeks per year as you have enquired in your post. My recommendation would be to consult you accounting advisor on guidance to this matter. 

Please let me and the MYOB Community Forum know if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that. I have a work around. Out of curiosity why is it limited to eight weeks? Seems bizarre and why are n't we able to accrue long service leave. In my opinion MYOB essentials payroll is not fit for purpose for sale in Australia as you should be able to accrue long service leave. Even the option of setting up a pay item that is able to accrue leave. I am pretty dissapointed in your product to be honest. I wll stick with it for 12 months as the centre was already using MYOB, but will probably switch to quickbooks. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
531 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

531Posts

48Kudos

46Solutions

Hi @rachelv68 

While the information I have provided is for Essentials, this function you require is availble in the new Essentials product. This Help Article gives you a bit more detail on how to do this in new Essentials: Setup leave. 

Please private message your name, email address and serial number if you would like me to arrange for someone in the appropiate team to get in touch with you and discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post