RaceHard1975
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Locked Accounts (NZ)

Hi there, 

I was just wondering if anyone is able to tell me how to stop money being allocated in the system accounts on the software. I originally selected the following system accounts as inactive (1-1600 Accounts receivable & 2-1600 Account Payable) but while I was going through our system with our Accountant today, there are figures showing up in both areas. This is putting our balance and trial sheets out and my Accountant is worried the figures in the system are incorrect.

I currently have over 100 pages of bank statements which potentially I am going to have to code manually for him unless I can get these accounts to disappear. 

Is anyone able to provide some assistance on how I can get these inactive accounts to stop showing up and having money allocated against them??

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Re: Locked Accounts (NZ)

Hi @RaceHard1975 

Making an account inactive in the accounts list (Business Name Menu>>Accounts List>>Edit accounts>>Unticking the account and selecting Save) should prevent that account from being selected in lists.

It should be noted that inactivating the account will not stop the system from using that account, just that a user can't select it. For example, say I record an invoice to a customer, the income and Accounts receivable accounts will be used. The system will still record to that Accounts receiveable account even though it has been made inactive

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RaceHard1975
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for your response. The issue we are worried about is the figures listed in the "inactive accounts" are not accurate so is the rest of our accounts accurate then or not??

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Hi @RaceHard1975 

To see the transactions recorded for an account and the impact of those on the balance the recommendation would be to run the General Ledger details report for that account. This would showcase the transactions that have been recorded against that account so they can be reviewed for accuracy according to what has occurred in real life.

Note: The account would need to be active to be selectable for reports.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post