Partner Joanne_Groves
6 Posts
Partner
Australia

6Posts

34Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Capture - Now available for both Essentials and AccountRight

I did two hours ago, there was no update showing.  There is an update there now.  Thank you. 

Perhaps, leaving a bit of time between releasing on the website it is available so the update can show on the app store might be a better idea. 

grime
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

is this also for account right basic?

Valued Partner Trevor_H
155 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia
Valued Partner

155Posts

22Kudos

14Solutions

Hi @grime 

I have just tested it and the answer is no, it is not available in MYOB Accountright Basics.  Basics obviously does not have the 'Accounts Payable' module and therefore no 'In Tray' capability.

Of course one of the additions to 2019.3 is the ability of attaching documents to 'Spend Money' transactions.  However this functionality of the 'In Tray' does not appear to be available under Basics.  As such it is not possible to 'Capture' documents to Basics.

Trevor
Partner AlanT
1,190 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,190Posts

889Kudos

189Solutions

It is very hard to fathom what MYOB are doing with the AccountRight Basics product.

I find it a fantastic product for small investment partnerships but they keep increasing the fees by close to 10% each year and say that the increased fees are offset by the increased productivity of the product, but they never add any of these features. 

In 2019.3 there are two InTrays.  One in Purchases module and the other in the Banking module.  But the InTray is missing entirely from the Basics.

If you setup a supplier in the Basics module, you don't have a dedicated field for the supplier's ABN and therefore you don't get the on-line ABN lookup feature.  A business may not have any need for the purchases module, but they are still required by law to have looked up each supplier they have purchased from their ABN and GST registration status if they are claiming the GST credit.

MYOB, why not enable these features in the AR Basics product and make it a great product that is now value for money. 

Or are you trying to kill it off??

Regards,

AlanT

Contributing Cover User Maree_W
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Capture for Essentials

Hi Hayden,

I am getting that this app is not compatible with my device. I have an oppo R9s CPH1607 6.0.1

Can you help?

Thanks,

Maree.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @Maree_W 

Just as a Sanity check, could you confirm what version of Android is being used?

The app will only work on Android v8 or above:

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 1.22.03 am.png

Looks like that phone comes shipped with Android v6 and I'd like to just double check. If you're not sure how to check, here's a good guide: How to Check What Android Version You Have

Let me know if you're using the right Android version.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It is a version 6.0.1 as above.

It also does not work on my Samsung tablet.

Only works on my husbands mobile. Smiley Sad

I cannot upgrade phone for some time as there is nothing wrong with it, so I guess I will not be able to use this function conveniently.

Dissapointing only made for newest phones.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @Maree_W 

From what I can tell, it looks like the Oppo R9S got the Android 8 (pie) update. If you go to: Settings -> About Device -> System Update, do you have a later version of Android available?

Updating the software might be the best solution to this issue.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Looked at that yesterday also.

It says - It is already the latest version.

CPH1607EX_11_A.21_180518

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Oppo helpdesk -

I've checked this as well on our end, Maree, and as of now, we currently do not have an official post or announcement regarding the release of Android 8 to the R9s model. These updates are always done over-the-air - or thru Internet connection and a notification will usually be sent if it's available.

So for anyone in the same boat as me, we have to wait for a possible release of V8 upgrade to our model.

In the meantime I will have to use my husbands device, as I cannot afford to purchase a new device at this time to enable this app.

Cheers, Maree.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post