Partner
Australia
Partner

1,179Posts

883Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Capture for Essentials

Hi @LCrowhurst 

At that point in the process, I don't think that MYOB wou;d know which account the spend money transaction is for.  It just knows that you have spend a certain number of dollars and it is relying on you to specify the account it is spent from.

Regards,

AlanT

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
278 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

278Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

ok for some reason it could pull that up. 

thanks 

278 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

278Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

@AlanT wrote:

Hi @LCrowhurst 

At that point in the process, I don't think that MYOB wou;d know which account the spend money transaction is for.  It just knows that you have spend a certain number of dollars and it is relying on you to specify the account it is spent from.

what about the store I brought from? its not pulling that up either? 

Regards,

AlanT

Partner AlanT
1,179 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,179Posts

883Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst 

Yeah, I'm not a total fan of OCR and AI.  The developers are saying it's great and saves you lots of time, but my experiance is that it also costs you more time when it gets it wrong.

And it does get it wrong from time to time, so you have to be constantly checking it.

Regards,

AlanT

278 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

278Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

@AlanT wrote:

Hi @LCrowhurst 

Yeah, I'm not a total fan of OCR and AI.  The developers are saying it's great and saves you lots of time, but my experiance is that it also costs you more time when it gets it wrong.

I like anything that saves time but Thats never the case w Myob sadly. 

And it does get it wrong from time to time, so you have to be constantly checking it.

Regards,

AlanT

mal_chaney
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I think MYOB's marketing is getting a bit ahead of the actual deliverables. (see my original post). It might have been better in the long term to push it out once it works as advertised.

That is OK - still somewhat useful but could be a lot better.  At least attempt an OCR match and then ask your approval to see if it was correct. If not maybe have the "algorithm" learn what it did wrong. Over time things will improve.

278 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

278Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

@mal_chaney wrote:

I think MYOB's marketing is getting a bit ahead of the actual deliverables. (see my original post). It might have been better in the long term to push it out once it works as advertised.

That is OK - still somewhat useful but could be a lot better.  At least attempt an OCR match and then ask your approval to see if it was correct. If not maybe have the "algorithm" learn what it did wrong. Over time things will improve.

👍👍👍👍😬👏

Community Manager Suja_P
5,868 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,868Posts

2,146Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Capture - Now available for both Essentials and AccountRight

Hi everyone,

We're very excited to say that the MYOB Capture app is now extended to all AccountRight users. 

Capture App 2.PNG

All receipts are stored safely online ready for deductions at tax time. It really is that quick and easy. Learn More

Providing feedback: 
Our product teams love feedback! So please reach out whenever you have an idea about how MYOB Capture for Essentials might be improved or adapted to fit better into your business experience. So when you're in the app, click on Settings -> 'Suggestions and feedback’ button to send through your ideas and feedback to our product team. 

Help and FAQ’s: 
We’ve put together some frequently asked questions to point you in the right direction as you’re getting up and running: Using the MYOB Capture app

Anything else? 

Just let us know if you have any questions about anything else by posting into this thread below. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Joanne_Groves
6 Posts
Partner
Australia

6Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

When I log into Capture it only shows essentials files.  How do I link it to my accountright file please?  None of the links show how to do this. Or is this going to be a separate download from the app store?

Valued Partner Trevor_H
155 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia
Valued Partner

155Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Joanne_Groves 

Just checking that you have updated the app from the App or Play Store.

Trevor
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post