Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials - Items for Invoices only want 2 decimal places

I have a very very annoying problem. 

I want to change all the Item Prices to two decimal places, the 3 decimal places are charging clients with the wrong amout and weird amouts like 99 cents or 98 cents, its not rounding up

I found this question in an old message in 2019

"I am trying to invoice a client for $150 (incluing GST tax). I set it up with the sell price of $130.43 (without tax) and it autmaitcally sets the invoice todat to $149.99. If I change the sell price to 130.44, it rounds up the total to $150.01. This is very frustrating and looks unporfessional. What can I do? Help please! :-)"  

Sounds like its the same problem to me?? 

Please Help Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
505 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

505Posts

40Kudos

60Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials - Items for Invoices only want 2 decimal places

Hello @Sonja_Danns 

I apologise for the delayed response your post has received here on the forum.

The unit price input for an MYOB Essentials Invoice (or Bill) can be up to 4 decimal places, however, the amount field will always display as 2 decimal places. This does mean that rounding is done by the system on the unit price to get that amount field to be 2 decimal places. I apologise that this is a source of frustration, but currently, users are not able to prevent this rounding and/or adjust the rounding to produce a different amount value. That said, other users have indicated this is not ideal and you can support this idea for future updates in Essentials by posting or liking similar posts in the Essentials Idea Exchange, where developers can view user feedback directly.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post