Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials Only Importing First 6 Contacts

Hi,

I'm trying to import the customer contacts from an older version of MYOB to essentials. I've followed all steps including both importing the customer file straight from the old MYOB export and also copying this data into the sample file. In both cases it will only import the first 6 customer contacts. All mandatory fields have data in them. 

Any clues on how I can get all the contacts in?

Thanks,

Sam

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials Only Importing First 6 Contacts

Hello @SamScoble 

For the 6 contacts that have imported, do they have a Tax ID number associated with them? 

I know you have mentioned that all of the mandatory fields have data in them, but I wanted to double check that you have looked at the Tax ID Number column for each contact. If you have no Tax ID number relevant for the contact, a space still needs to be entered into this field. In the sample file for example, under John Citizen's Tax ID No., there is a space entered. 

Give this a try for your other contacts if you haven't already, and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your reply. Yes they do all have a Tax ID entered for them.

Kind regards,

Sam

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Hi @SamScoble 

In doing a bit of digging, I have found this post with a similar issue to yours and the user was able to successfully import his files after double checking that all fields were formatted properly. It does seem that the importing program requires near-perfect parameters in the file you are importing, so any unnecessary spaces or punctuation can cause errors. Or, like the Tax File ID column, a space is necessary to mimic the presence of information there. Please double check that your formatting is identical to the sample file. 

In the meantime, could you let me know which version of the software you are exporting the contacts from for use in Essentials, and we will continue to investigate further.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post