MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYOB Essentials PayDirect (PYC) bank feeds - how do I match the feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Cotydog1
1 Post
User
Cotydog1

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials PayDirect (PYC) bank feeds - how do I match the feeds

I use MYOB Essentials 

There was an amount shown in Bank Feeds for $600.00  on 6 April 2018

The Decription in the Bank feed is  PYC PAYDIRECT 0405M600.00

How do I account for this?  How do I know which customer has paid?  

I did recieve a payment notification the other day from MYOB  (see below) which it is highly likely that this is the payment but I cant guarantee it was and if I get more than one payment in a day like this how will I know which bank feed relates to the correct payment 

I thought when payments were received that MYOB automatically allocated the bank feed to the invoice  

1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner IanChait
821 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
IanChait
Ultimate Partner

821Posts

621Kudos

161Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials PayDirect (PYC) bank feeds - how do I match the feeds

Hi @Cotydog1

When a customer makes a PayDirect payment, MYOB automatically records the payment, closing the open invoice and recording it to the ledger account you nominated when setting up PayDirect. It is probably your main bank account. You can check this in setting under your business name on top right.

Now if it is your bank account, then in the bank feeds screen you should get the message that there is one transaction to match, and you can match it. You can refer back to the original email confirmation you received  to confirm it is the correct payment. 

Sometimes you may receive multiple payments in one deposit to your bank account. In that case click the arrow on right of bank feed line, select match and a new window opens. Select Show all transactions and tick the ones making up the deposit.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post