Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Essentials Transfer to Sage Handiledger

We started using MYOB Essentials Connected Ledger after Banklink was phased out in July 2020.  Now looking at getting the transfer of data from MYOB ECL to Sage Handiledger but have come across a few problems, which at this stage require a manual fix so I am hoping there is an alternative or ways to sort the following issues.

Using Data Export to Sage Handiledger, a CSV file is created.  

Problem 1 - Before exporting, we need to manually change the tax code from N-T to NT so it will be accepted by Handiledger.  We try to do this before the file is exported, but sometimes we forget.

Problem 2 - As we transferred from Banklink to MYOB ECL, we are using HL accounts but HL income accounts start with a zero and the CSV file doesn't pick up the zero at the front of the account code, which requires going into the CSV file, changing the account column to text and then manually enter the zero at the front of the account code.

Problem 3 - MYOB ECL seems to only use three tax codes - GST / FRE & N-T.  Whereas Ledger requires expenses to have INP or FOA.  If not using the transfer to prepare a BAS in ledger this is okay BUT if you want to run the BAS to check the import or prepare the BAS then all transactions are considered as income by HL.

I would really appreciate any assistance or ideas that would help take out the human factor in setting these files up for transfer to help avoid any mistakes :-)

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Essentials Transfer to Sage Handiledger

Hi @MichelleNT 

We have identified a situation with the newer MYOB Essentials export to Handiledger in which tax codes will be incorrectly reported on transactions and account numbers that do start with 0 will have the leading zero dropped as part of that. These situations are currently under consideration by our product teams, although as yet we don't have a timeframe for resolution. In the meantime, the workaround is to manually edit the export file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MichelleNT
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, appreciate the response!

Kind Regards

Michelle

Justine_M
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello everyone

I came across these issues today trying to import into Handiledger.

I found that some of my accounts now have different tax codes assigned to them. Also, there is a tax code in the bank accounts which does not need to be there.

Very time consuming having to manually edit the CSV file before I import to Handiledger.  Some files I have are 150 lines per month!

Urgent fix on this issue would be appreciated.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Hi @Justine_M 

As has been indicated in my previous post on this thread, we were aware of an issue that did impact the export of the new MYOB Essentials platform via the Handiledger option. Our product teams did investigate that issue, with work completed in March 20201 around that space to resolve that export. There may be some fringe cases of that occurring and we do recommend a re-export if you have exported the data prior to mid-March 2021.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post