User
Australia
MrsDicko

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Essentials endlessly keeps logging me off

For some months now MYOB essentials has been logging me off, requesting a new authenticator code to log back in. I tick remember for 30 days and stay logged on for 12 hours but it doesnt acknowledge those requests and I am having to log in up to 5-6 times each day.  I have changed nothing that would cause this.  Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,980 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5980Posts

944Kudos

843Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials endlessly keeps logging me off

Hi @MrsDicko

From your description that you need to also enter a new authentication code each time, this to me suggests that the cookie for MYOB is being cleared periodically.

There have been other users who reported similar behaviour which was caused by programs like CCLeaner or by accessing websites that interfered with the cookie (1 reported that signing into an ATO site cleared the MYOB cookie).

If a cookie is cleared while using Essentials, this will redirect you to the login page to re-save the cookie. Effectively logging you out.

The general steps to look into around cookie-based problems can be found on this support note: Trust this device for 30 days

If you're still having problems, could you post:

• Which browser you're using
  • If you use any Browsing Extensions; such as uBlock Origin
  • If this happens at a specific times during the day (IE: Around lunch time every day, etc)

This can help us narrow down the cause.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

MrsDicko
3 Posts
User
Australia
MrsDicko

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Hayden 

• Which browser you're using - Google Chrome 
  • If you use any Browsing Extensions; such as uBlock Origin - No
  • If this happens at a specific times during the day (IE: Around lunch time every day, etc) - as I said in my post it is happening 5-6 or more times per day
  • I manually clear my history and cookies and cache so its not set to automatically do it.  I cleared them today then I logged in after I had cleared them and within 10 minutes it had logged me off again, so the cookie remains not eaten. 
  • It used to work perfectly fine until a few months ago and I have changed nothing to cause it to do so.  
Highlighted
MrsDicko
3 Posts
User
Australia
MrsDicko

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

I have solved this problem (hopefully) it was cookie blocking setting in Chrome doing its thing, though I am not sure how it got changed.  I cleared all mt cache then added the myob cookies in the advanced chrome settings.  Thanks for your help Haydon B

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post