Cover User
Australia
SGL
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials endlessly keeps logging me off

MYOB essentials keeps logging me out randomly and I am losing a lot of my work and productivity. I am now at the point where we are starting to look at Reckon & Xero as options if we can't get this fixed.

I have followed all the recommended steps from MYOB to fix this issue. I even reset my computer and re-installed everything as all of the steps suggsted by MYOB have not worked. I am am in IT and software developement and have traced the issue to MYOBs Two Factor Authentication. I am not blocking cookies, I have no firewalls. I have rang more than twice and have had no help other than to go over and over the same thing. The staff seem to have little understanding of what I am talking about. This has been ongoing for almost 6 months. 

I need a resolution or instructions on how to turn off 2 factor authentication. I have Zero issues with other apps that use 2 Factor authentication. I followed a number of MYOBs links on how to remove 2 factor authentication but alas all the links were either broken or went to page that had nothing to do with 2 Factor authentication.

Help required immediately. I have also crossposted this to other myob forums and facebook for help just in case I don't get any here.

Regards

Steve 

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,284 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1284Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials endlessly keeps logging me off

Hi @SGL

Sorry for the delay in replying to your enquiry. I had a look at our Facebook and wasn't able to find the post you mentioned. In saying that, Hayden_B has answered a similar post here, https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/MYOB-Essentials-endlessly-keeps-logging-me-....

Please have a look at his answer on that thread and let us know here, the information Hayden_B requested.

I would also like to add that 2FA is a requirement that was made mandatory by the ATO last year for DSP (Digital Service Providers) and you are no longer able to turn it off. Xero and Reckon also have the same thing implemented but they may call it MFA (Multi-factor authentication).

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post