Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials super salary sacrifice and gross wages automatic reduction

Can someone confirm if Essentials automatically reduces gross wages by the amount sacrificed to super (Reportable to ATO) at EOFY Finalisation.  I have entered the amount but it shows the Gross YTD wages including the super salary sacrificed amount, effectively grossing up my wages.  I have read on this page that Gross Payments are automatically reduced when you assign pre-tax deductions but where is this shown?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,489 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,489Posts

5,090Kudos

5,487Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials super salary sacrifice and gross wages automatic reduction

Hi @Andy2 

I understand that you have since spoken with our phone-based team who have offered assistance with regards to your enquiry and ensuring that the pay item is set up correctly. 

If you do have any further enquires don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I also experience similar issue.

Please detail the way in MYOB essentials to get it right.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, Can you please respond to this query on the forum. I contacted MYOB on the phone and did not receive helpdul advice at all. If an employer is paying say $1,000 reportable superannuation and this is the only amount being paid - how is this entered in MYOB essentials payroll. It appears that if I have normal pay and then enter $1,000 sal sacrifice that the normal pay is still reported as gross wages ie taxable income in their tax return. If I enter a new income item and set it up as not reportable (ie not taxable to the employee) then I enter $1,000 salary sacrifice it appears OK, but the take home pay is "invalid" and doesn't work.

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same issue - did  you resolve this ? - how did you fix this ?

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, yes it appears that gross income is not gross taxable income. You need to enter income of $1,000 and then salary sacrifice of $1,000 and it will report correctly as $nil income for PAYG purposes and $1,000 reportable super.

2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi yes you are correct.  You entered the amount in earnings, I used overtime as that doesn't attract more super and then enter deduction "super salary sacrifice".  This zero's out net pay and even though it does show up as YTD gross payment, it doesn't show on the EOFY payment summary included as gross payment, it shows as Reportable Employer Contribution as it should.  MYOB told me it was a 'backend' adjustment which does what you want you just can't see it, a little confusing for the user.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post