Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

55Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

MYOB Essentials very slow

Last 2 days the system is running very slow - takes forever to load  any transactions - be it reports, invoices et al. Is it FY end rush. Hope MYOB will invest a bit more on servers to cope with the load. Very frustrating to work with quite a slow system response. 

13 REPLIES 13
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

78Kudos

138Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials very slow

Hi @Vely 

Thanks for your post. 

I am not aware of any current issues causing Essentials to run slow.

Generally, a slow running Essentials can happen due to corrupt browser cache and if lots of transactions are being loaded at once. Therefore, our first recommendation would be to clear the browser cache to ensure there is no such interference. You could also try to disable any add-ons in your browser or try a different browser.

Let me know if that solves it for you!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

HeatherDD
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I just called  MYOB about this issue. They deny any problem and the clear implication was that it must be a problem at my end so he had me checking Windows versions(aargh!) and clearing my cache. 

Then he went on to say with EOFY it could be demand on the system!

Poor online capability, poor customer service - MYOB used to be a lot better than this.

Think I will start investigating Xero.

Suzi65
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I'm having the same issue on Essentials. Trying to work on the P&L, B/S and General Ledger and for the last few hours and so frustrated. Try to open an entry to see what transactions made it up and the circle just keeps going round and round.

HeatherDD
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

That's exactly the issue I'm having - I suggest you call them otherwise they think everything is fine. I've wasted half a day waiting for screens/reports/transactions to open .

Suzi65
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Heather,  yes I'll call them now. I had the same issue on 1/7 but just gave up and did something else in the end as I figured it was just an overload on the system given the date.

bron-bookkeeper
Partner
1 Post
Partner
Australia

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same problem and clients is wanting the financials completed as soon as possible - have no idea what to do.

HeatherDD
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I strongly recommend calling them. I was pretty much told that no-one else was having problems so it must be me! Clearing cache etc, such nonsense to deflect the real issue.

If we don't let them know there's a problem - they can't fix it. It IS a pain to get on the phone but I think it's the best way. Good luck!

Vely
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

55Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Yanike - I am an IT person and i have already done the suggestions you have made. I think the issue is at back end in terms of server capacity for year end activity. I dont think MYOB is investing enough on this. Very frustrating to keep waiting on the system respons when ther eis crazy amount of work around the year end. 

Vely
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

55Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Yes Heather I agree. They just dont own up to the problem and keep pushing it on user's PC. Very frustrating

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post