MYOB refusing to fix auto logging out issue?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

165Solutions

Re: MYOB refusing to fix auto logging out issue?

Hello @WWLA 

I do apologise for the frustration this has caused you. As indicated, this is being tracked by our team. In the meantime, I wanted to check that you did have a look at this post: Essentials automatic logout after a period of time, as it does contain a few additional steps to try beyond just using Chrome. This may assist in mitigating the issue as we continue to look into this. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I'm using Chrome so that's nonsense. I'm going crazy. I'm constantly getting logged out. 10 minute wait times to speak to a consultant who can't help me..... Anyone thinking about changing to Xero??

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
59 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

59Posts

77Kudos

3Solutions

I've been trying to figure it out and I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with Chrome or Myob Essentials.

There is definitely someone in Myob waiting for me to get right to the end of an invoice then they kick me out on purpose =(

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Not yet, but the current offering from MYOB is certainly not fit for purpose and I couldn't in good conscience recommend this product to anyone so any new client would be getting recommended to look at Xero.

Highlighted
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

I have tried all the suggestions and still logging me out. Often when I have just about finished an invoice!! As for saving more often while entering data - doing that while creating an invoice kicks me back to the list of invoices, which means I have to open the invoice again to continue. While writing this reply, I notice it is being autosaved every couple of minutes. How come there isn't an autosave function in Essentials? I have used MYOB since the 90's and it is definitely getting worse. Time for a change!

Highlighted
1 Post
User
Australia

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I'm on Mac / Safari and have been suffering with this intollerable bug also.  It wastes vast amounts of time and at the price point of this software, this is UNACCEPTABLE!  I am calling for a group REBATE against the last six months of subscription fees for all users of ESSENTIALS.  

Why should we continue to pay premium fees for a substandard product?

Highlighted
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Absolutely agree!! (Just had to re-enter another invoice!!) The product is NOT performing the way they promote it, or even the same way as when I signed up, and the first time I contacted them about the issue, by phone, was June. If my products were faulty, I would replace at no cost, or recall and repair as soon as the issue was reported. This has gone on too long and they are still deducting payment!! Not good enough. Am looking to see if they have a Facebook page, to make others aware, before they purchase.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
38,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,281Posts

5,210Kudos

5,620Solutions

Hi Everyone 

Thank you for your comments and feedback on this topic.

We've tagged that you have received this particular situation as part of our ongoing tracking and work on this topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
59 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

59Posts

77Kudos

3Solutions

Dude, seriously "ongoing tracking and work on this topic", what does that mean?

Are there software engineers currently and actively changing the website code right now, with a mandate to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
59 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

59Posts

77Kudos

3Solutions

Getting logged out of MYOB - Show of Hands

Just so MYOB can see how serious this is, if you came to this community looking for answers please don't just browse and leave. 

Please leave a single reply in this post to tally how many users this affects. That means you please Smiley Happy

EDIT: Hmm, I started another post with the above text and my post was closed and the comment moved here, WTF?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post