MYOB refusing to fix auto logging out issue?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,811Posts

5,538Kudos

6,028Solutions

Re: MYOB refusing to fix auto logging out issue?

Hi @Biospawn 

We are currently tracking the number of clients impacted by this particular situation and have passed those numbers across to the required team along with comments. This is an addition to the current ticket that we do have in with the required team to look at resolving this situation for impacted clients.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

brooke2
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Then you can add our accounting firm to the numbers affected.  It's making it really unuseable as we use it for our bookkeeping clients & is costing us bulk time.

SueSSA
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Well add us in as well and 10 of our clients who are constantly being logged out.

Solutions from MYOB on a whole range of issues seem to be remiss lately, not sure if its impacted by Covid19 and a good majority of staff being located in Victoria during Lockdown or if is the new direction the company is headed, hopefully Covid because if this is going to be the service we can expect going forward, then after more than 30 yrs using MYOB we will be moving on, thats how serious the drop in service is and you can take that back to the 'Team''

Aaron55646
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

The other issue why this is so frustrating is that you don't even log back into the page you were working on.

You're in the middle of doing something, click save or to another page. Lose any progress.

Go to the log in screen.

Use 2FA to gain access.

You don't get taken back to the page you were working on. MYOB redirects you to a page that is no longer available, you have to go back to partner.myob.com, reselect the client, find the screen/view you were previously working on.

How can you have a product that is not functional on the two browsers that over 80% of internet users use?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

Outlines
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am also experiencing this issue.

MYOB your responses are not good enough, this is costing HOURS of data entry which is costing me MONEY!

At the very least add an auto save feature so the drop outs are more tolerable!

I also agree about partial refunding of subscriptions for this period, not good enough!

Biospawn
Trusted Cover User
62 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

62Posts

95Kudos

3Solutions

So when is the ETA on the fix for this?

This is a problem that should have been addressed after a few days, not 6 months.

I think it's ridiculous that a Post called 'MYOB refusing to fix auto logging out issue?' has to be created to get some attention to the issue.

Need an eta, and need it now, or next will be finding a way to make mass complaints directly to the CEO Greg Ellis.

Bec_Hearn
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I would be interested in knowing when MYOB will fix this issue as it is an expensive exercise having to continually reenter information lost due to the constant logging out.

This should have been a priority when it MYOB began to see an issue and suggesting companies alter their security settings is a risky recommendation.

Biospawn
Trusted Cover User
62 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

62Posts

95Kudos

3Solutions

Imagine if this was a Spotify issue, and every 20 minutes your Spotify app logged out and you lost where you were in your playlist when you logged back in.

or if this was a Netflix issue, and every 20 minutes you were kicked out of the app in the middle of your show and when you logged back in it didn't remember where you were in a show or even what show you were watching.

Can you see the absolute failure in providing a working service?

It's exactly the same here.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,811Posts

5,538Kudos

6,028Solutions

Hi @Biospawn @Bec_Hearn 

At this stage, we haven't been provided with an ETA on when this particular situation will be resolved for all clients. However, rest assured that we are rattling a few trees to ensure that the feedback provided by the MYOB Community is heard by the appropriate teams as we work for a successful outcome for impacted clients.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JanJ
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

I'm hoping the 'trees get rattled' a bit more than what they are.  Because as others have said - this is making the system almost unuseable.  And unfortunately I suspect it is not just affecting a 'few clients'.  You suggestions of reducing security to get around the issue are ridiculous.  Looking forward to a fix very soon.  (Already investigating alternatives so if it's not soon then will be too late for us)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post