Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Matching 2 banking transactions to one payroll entry - MYOB Essentials

Hi,

I use MYOB Essentials, I processed all of my employees and then went on to pay them.

I had an error in the banking transactions and didn't pay one employee enough. So I did another bank transaction to equal the balance.

How do I allocate two banking transactions to the one payroll entry?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,670 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,670Posts

176Kudos

257Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Matching 2 banking transactions to one payroll entry - MYOB Essentials

Hi @bowete 

You can delete the payroll for this employee and then make the changes in their Employee Details to Split the pay between two accounts under Banking. Please note that this change is not for making payment into two bank accounts but to generate two payroll transactions to match the bank statement. After entering the BSB & Account Number (which would be same), you can choose to split the total amount according to amount or percentage as you want. Once that is done, the payrun for the employee can be entered again and you can match these two split payments to two transactions in the bank statement.

Please also note that once this payroll is processed, change the Banking details for the employee to Pay into one account in order to avoid any problems in the future payruns. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there

Im wondering what the solution might be if the employee already has their pay split to 2 different banks... when doing the Jobkeeper payroll for this employee their usual pay was debited from bank then I paid a separate amount as the back pay so have 2 bank transactions for 1 payroll transaction. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,670 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,670Posts

176Kudos

257Solutions

Hi @Pekali 

In that case too, you would follow the steps I mentioned above, however, you would enter different bank accounts when you choose to split the pay in bank accounts. This process creates two split payroll transactions for one payrun in the system, allowing you to match 2 payroll transactions to 2 bank transactions.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post