1 Post
User
ks23
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Matching Historical Payroll Transactions

Hi, newbie here so apologies in advance!!

I have just realised that my wages payments were doubled in our reports because I was just allocating them to wages, rather than matching them to the actual bank transactions.  I have now fixed all but one where the payments were split over two days (someone had miscalculated their hours and so I deleted the original payroll in MYOB and corrected it, then paid them the extra pay a few days later).  Now the amounts paid dont exactly match the payroll transaction (they do in total but I cant exactly match each transaction), so I am unable to allocate it and save it.  Is there any way around this?  Can I delete just this one payroll (it was back in November and the first I ever did)?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,237 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1418Posts

190Kudos

144Solutions

Re: Matching Historical Payroll Transactions

Hi @ks23,

It would be best to speak with an accountant or bookkeeper regarding this, but the summary is as follows:

• Create a clearing account
  • Create a journal entry that moves the account of the payroll transaction to the clearing account
  • Create 2 separate transactions from the clearing account to the account where the bank feeds are waiting to be allocated
  • Allocate the 2 bank feeds to the 2 separate transactions you just created.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post