1 Post
Cover User
Rick4570
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Matching bank transaction with payroll which was uploaded with a bank file

Since we upload our payroll with a bank file (ABA) it doesn't automatically match the payment anymore, if there are more than one payments (employees). As it is uploaded as one amount, it should really match the bank debit. 

Iwould be happy to 'allocate' the payment manually, but I don't actually know where MYOB saved it to. I checked the payroll setup and it definitely goes through the main cheque account.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,118 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28118Posts

3318Kudos

4140Solutions

Re: Matching bank transaction with payroll which was uploaded with a bank file

Hi @Rick4570

When you receive a bank transaction in that represents a payroll transaction you are best to select to match that transaction to the respective MYOB Essentials recorded payroll transaction. This can be done by selecting the Match transaction option for that bank transaction and selecting the corresponding payroll transaction(s) that are appearing- you may have to change the filter on the match window to match by All transactions. 

If you are finding that the relevant MYOB Essentials transaction is not appearing I would recommend checking the following points:

• The payroll transaction has been recorded to the correct bank account - should be the same as that of the bank feed transaction
  • The bank transaction matches the amount that has gone to the bank account
  • The MYOB Essentials transaction is on a similar date to that of the bank transaction.

You can see the recorded MYOB Essentials transaction via Banking>>Transaction history and filtering the required window to that transaction.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post