Migration Fail from Account Right to Essentials.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Grego
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Grego
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Migration Fail from Account Right to Essentials.

Hello,

I am hoping some one can help me regarding two failed attempts at having my Account Right file migrated to Essentials.

I started my subscription to Essentials a couple of months ago and used the migration team to transfer my Account Right file to Essentials. After the file was migrated I was sent an email explaining that the gst reporting would not be accurate (due to Essentials not being compatible with Account right) and that I required an accountant to look at the Essentials account and advise me on what to do. My accountant was not familiar with essentials and advised me to continue using my old Account Right until the 30th June so I could produce accurate GST reporting. Then have the file migrated 1st July for a fresh start.
So I contact the migration team again on the 12th July and asked if I could have my current file migrated again. They assured me that everything would be fine now moving forward from 1st July and all GST reporting from 1st July will be accurate. I was advised to open a new business file in Essentials so I did.

The file was migrated today and everything looked fine at first, until I produced a GST/BAS report to see if it matched my Account right GST report for July. I produced the report with a "cash" field (not accrual) but even though I had not received any money this July, it was telling me I had a GST liability of $757.00 on these invoices. Very odd. No money had been applied to any of these invoices so I deleted them all (about 12) with the view to re-adding them again. But after deleting all the invoices I discovered that the gst liability from these invoices remained, even though the invoice had been deleted.

Then I discovered that the migration team had produced these invoices using a journal entry and not manually, and guessing this is why the GST liability error has occurred again. Lucky I noticed or this would have caused an inaccurate BAS report for the quarter as invoices can often be changed or removed.

is there a simple solution to this problem ? I am not confident using the migration team to attempt this for the third time. I have been paying subscription for a while now and have a product that I still can't use. It's now effecting my business.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Re: Migration Fail from Account Right to Essentials.

Hi Grego

Having done a very manual migration  from AccountRight to Essentials myself the software platforms are completely different and there is a degree of skill and difficulty (So much so I would never do one again I would rather leave it to the expert migration team) this is why MYOB would have advised you prior to migration to seek advice from your BAS agent or accountant.  

Having recently used the migration team myself, the recommendation to seek BAS agent or accountant post migration is clearly documented to you before you proceed to migrate a file with the migration team, therefore I don't think in all honesty the first attempt was an error on their part.

I would suggest firstly you contact the migration team again to see if they can help you or rectify.

Otherwise I would recommend you search for a MYOB consultant in your local area that is a BAS agent and has a very good knowledge of MYOB essentials that you can engage, they would easily be able to assist you with your BAS/software queries.  If your accountant is not familiar with MYOB essentials it would be helpful to have someone else to call on that can liaise with yourself and your accountant.  Here is a link http://myob.com.au/accountants-and-partners/partner-search-1257831817525

Another user maybe able to help you on the here, but without looking at the two files it is difficult to give you instruction or advice on how to fix it.

Regards

Renae 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,237 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1418Posts

190Kudos

144Solutions

Hi @Grego,

@BooksInTheCloud is correct. The only part that I would like to add is that fact that the migration process brings all closed invoice over as journal entries. This is specified in the FAQ document below the form you would have filled out to start the migration process.

Here is a link to that document and please feel free to ask any other questions you may have after reading this document. Please note that is the link changed you will need to look on the conversion to Essentials page.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Grego
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Grego
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Jake. The problem was to do with open invoices (not closed) that were carried over via journal entries which left permanent gst liabilities in the system, even if the invoices were deleted. This was a major concern for BAS reporting because even if a invoice was deleted it still showed the tax liability for this quarter because it was transferred as journal entries and not done manually.  

I have been in contact with the migration team again today and the issue has been resolved. They said the problem was caused by a fault in the migration tool program they used that was supposed to have excluded open invoices from being migrated. They have fixed the problem for me now. 

Thanks,

Greg 

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Hi Grego

Glad to hear it has all been resolved for you now.   You can sleep easilySmiley Very Happy

Regards

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post