Conesso
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Migration to New MYOB essentials

When will I be getting Migrated to the new MYOB Essentials, I've been waiting since Last Year and really want to get started. Is it okay for me to resign up and pull everything over to the new MYOB EA or do I have to wait? I'm eager to move in....

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,418 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,418Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Re: Migration to New MYOB essentials

Hi @Conesso 

While we are sure users of the original MYOB Essentials platform are keen to move to the newer MYOB Essentials platform to take advantage of that newer platform, we are not able to provide a timeframe for when an individual MYOB Essentials would be migrated.

In saying that, migrations of MYOB Essentials businesses are underway with lower featured MYOB Essentials businesses being migrated at the moment i.e. MYOB Essentials Connected Ledger, with heavily featured MYOB Essentials business, MYOB Essentials Accounting and Accounting with payroll, being migrated later this year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

CarolF
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Why is this taking so long? We were told last year this would be available late last year to early this year and now you are saying later this year? I was on live chat with one of your colleagues and he indicated the migration would be complete late this year. 

Is the program to migrate data actually written, tested and ready to go?

This is very frustrating as we have now had to use other apps/programs to track our projects whilst we wait for the promised migration.

May I ask what the projects/job function is going to look like? Is this very similar to that of Account Right or quite different?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,418 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,418Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Hi @CarolF 

We do acknowledge that migrations for original MYOB Essentials users to the newer MYOB Essentials platform is taking longer than we would like. However, this is something that we are keen to get right and also ensure that users have a good experience with that migration. 

At this time, we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for when an MYOB Essentials business will be migrated, however, migrations are underway. The current focus on the lower MYOB Essentials product levels first i.e. MYOB Essentials Connected Ledgers and Starter versions, with MYOB Essentials Accounting and MYOB Essentials with payroll to be fully underway later this year, with most users migrated after the financial year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

corrinesmith
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I have signed up to ServiceM8 and it looks like it only support integration with the new MYOB essentials interface is this correct? If so, i require the new interface immidiately, is this possible?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,418 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,418Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Hi @corrinesmith 

If you are looking at connecting with a third-party app we do recommend contacting that third party to see what MYOB applications and versions it does connect to. Based on their MYOB App Marketplace listing it does show as being compatible with the newer MYOB Essentials platform, however, it would still be worth reaching out to fully confirm with them as they would know what products and version they can connect to.

The new MYOB Essentials platform is slowly being rolled out to users in stages. While we are not able to provide an update when an individual MYOB Essentials business will be migrated OR push an MYOB Essentials business, that is not scheduled for migration, to be migrated, migrations are underway by our team based on product level - MYOB Essentials Connected Ledger/Starter being migrated now, Accounting and with payroll in the pipeline.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post