Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multiple company files

I am just switching from Account Edge to Essentials ( because of the bit 64 issue). I currently use three company files. I have set up one on essentials and had the data converted. To do the next file do I need a new log on or can I add to my current one. I understand I need to pay for another subscription but I would like to avoid three seperate log ons.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,669Kudos

5,077Solutions

Re: Multiple company files

Hi @angcat 

It would depend on whether you wish to have the one MYOB Essentials business per login or the one login that can access multiple MYOB Essentials businesses.

If you do wish to use a different login for each business then creating the new MYOB Essentials business with the new email address would be the way to go.

If you want to have the same login for all businesses. when you log into MYOB Essentials you have the option (top right) to select Switch Business. This allows you to select MYOB Essentials Businesses associated with your current login. There is also an option within this window to select Add Business. By selecting this option, it will create you a new MYOB Essentials and also associate it with your current login. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steve

I did use the add business button but it added the file as a trial version which I don't want because I need to be able to convert from Edge.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,669Kudos

5,077Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @angcat 

That Add business option will give you a new MYOB Essentials to which you will need to subscribe to before we can complete that product migration from an AccountEdge file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post