Myob Essentials Tab Key No Longer Working!!!!

oneflatwhite
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Myob Essentials Tab Key No Longer Working!!!!

Hi All,

My wife and I have been with MYOB Essentials for 2 1/5 years after trying the 30 day free trial.  We have just noticed a change to the usablility of this software that will slow down our data entry so much we are now looking to move away from MYOB if it doesn't change. 

We are no longer able to use the TAB key (on a Mac and Windows system with various browsers) to move across the screen to various entry boxes on any page (spend money, receive money etc etc). Considering MYOB Essentials is a data entry system why are we no longer able to use the Tab key??

Searching the forums for an answer sees the same response everytime... 

"The Tab hasn't worked in those fields as far back as I remember MYOB Essentials. It was surprising to me that you could use it at all (and a little envy in there too). It doesn't surprise me though that trying in a different browser didn't work because of this."

To be asked to vote for this suggestion in the ideas forum seems POINTLESS considering how many people have requested this function.

This function has worked for us for over 2 years!!   That's 2 years spent learning the MYOB essentials system and now we are looking to quit MYOB for an accounting developer that actually listens to it's cusomers requests!!

ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS MYOB???  Please fix this issue that has been bought up by your customers time and time again!!!

We look forward to your response.

4 REPLIES 4
Partner Beach
73 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

73Posts

91Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Myob Essentials Tab Key No Longer Working!!!!

I am also surprised with the comment that TAB has never worked.  It has worked for me for 2 years and stopped working a month or so ago.

In addition to the TAB key not working (and yes I tried various browsers), about 50% of the time when I click on the amount field then type in a figure then click on Save and Add - the figure disappears and I have to enter it again.  This **bleep**py software is costing my customer dearly (I am a BAS agent).  I used to do the work in about 1hr per month, but now it takes at least 90mins per month due to these very annoying issues.

oneflatwhite
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for sharing your issues with the TAB key Beach. We have found our data entry time go up considerably this BAS cycle.   

We've had a number of phone calls now with Myob in which the issue was suposedly being escalated.  We were told that we'd be getting a call back about the issue and never have.  The follow up customer service experience here is seriously lacking.

All this at a time when we find out that our essentials subscription price is going to be going up!!!  Why would we continue to support a data/tax entry system that doesn't listen to its customers? 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @oneflatwhite  @oneflatwhite 

The Receive Money window is not a window that does allow for tabbing within MYOB Essentials. Some clients have reported that they were able to do it up until recently, although, based on testing and information I've been able to gather this was a rare occurrence and not something that we have been able to replicate internally.

In saying that going forward we have raised a ticket with the team to look into potentially adding the ability to tab through that window to make it more of a logical flow. From my understanding, due to the way the window is set up in the back end it is not an easy fix to enable the tabbing and as such is not something that we do foresee being added in the foreseeable future, although, we do have that ticket raised with to have that investigated and potentially added in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JenniJones11
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I would like to add my voice to the complaint about the tab key not functional in Recieve Money in MYOB Essentials. It is a MAJOR time waster and SERIOUSLY disrupts the flow of work.

This basic fuctionality should be a MASSIVE PRIORITY  to sort out.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post