26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

New Essentials Bank Feed

How do I unallocate a payment in the New Essentials Bank Feed? The old Essentials had a cross you could click and the transaction would revert to unallocated. How do I do the same thing in the New Essentials? I don't want to allocate it to something else. I want it showing as unallocated so my client can allocate it correctly.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
603 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

603Posts

52Kudos

48Solutions

Re: New Essentials Bank Feed

Hi @Nag 

Thank you for your post. 

To unallocate a payment in New Essentials can you please go to the Banking menu and choose Bank transactionsOn the Bank transactions page, click the down arrow to open the matched transaction and click Unmatch, then click Unmatch again to confirm and unallocate.

Please let me and the MYOB Community Forum know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

The allocation was not done as a match to anything already entered. I simply allocated it to an account as a test run and then wanted to delete it again and leave it unallocated.  I did find the unmatch button and remove the so called match. Once I saved it, it showed up as having 1 possible match found being the original allocation. I then had to go to the banking menu, find transactions and delete the transaction so that the unallocated button would appear again. This seems to be a very long way around when previously the cross next to the allocate box simply did the job. Am I doing something wrong?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
603 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

603Posts

52Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Nag 

The process in which you have taken is indeed correct. However, with that said, I will send your feedback regarding the process to the appropriate team for review.

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jesh. From what I have seen of the New Essentials so far everything is more complicated. I really like the old essentials which is why I have encouraged all my clients to sign up. If I wanted them using something more complicated I would have recommended AccountRight. I am dreading all my existing client files being converted. Transaction allocation and unallocation is more complicated. P and L and balance sheet reports are not as accessible. The chart of accounts is way over the top too complicated. Our clients are small mum and dad clients and tradies and don't need that ridiculously complicated chart. It takes way too long to delete all the unnecessary accounts and whatever happened to alphabetical order. Why remove notes in bank feeds. That is a major area of communication with my clients. VERY UNHAPPY about the changes. Destroyed a great program. When setting up a new client I am still choosing the old essentials. Hope you have some influence with the powers that be to stop this madness. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

Hi @Nag 

Thanks for your feedback, I can certainly understand your passion for a software that suits your needs appropriately, I’ve passed it onto the appropriate teams for their consideration.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post