Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

118Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New MYOB Essentials

I'm about to set up a small client and I see that as per the promises at MYOB Incite in January, there is a new MYOB Essentials and it's half price and with apparently features like Job costing.

We were also told that our existing Essentials customers would be rolled into the new Essentials from May onwards and we would have features such as reports to Excel AND this would definitely all happen within 3 months (refer opening speech by Greg Ellis)

It's now late June, my current clients are still on the old Essentials, I can't move them over to a better program efficiently/cheaply because it's STILL not possible to export things like chart of accounts and customer lists to Excel AND they are being charged double the price that new customers get for a purportedly better progam.

So MYOB is giving a better product at half the price to win new customers while locking in old customers to a lousy program (sorry but it really is) at twice the price because they really are locked in when you can't export data to Excel?

Am I missing something?  I really hope so.

Additionally I'm about to move another client who has downsized from ARlive to Xero $20 a month cashbooks which will do the trick but doesn't have the ability to do accruals and has to run through my own credit card.   The new Essentials is only $24, appears to provide much more in the few sentences of hype on the website and the client pays direct (yay) but where can I actually go to see a demo of the program and how it works?  I don't trust MYOB anymore at all with their promises as to what their programs will or won't do.  I can't even find a support note as to how the job costing works in the new MYOB (it says it does but if you click on FAQ it tells you to get ARLive) or if I dont like the program, does it export contacts and chart of accounts to Excel so we change out of it or is that still ''coming" like everything else?

Is there anyone actually using the new Essentials?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,707 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,707Posts

5,131Kudos

5,531Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New MYOB Essentials

Hi @carolineh 

We do have a newer version of MYOB Essentials available on the market. Any clients that do uptake on a new MYOB Essentials subscription will be given that newer MYOB Essentials product. Older MYOB Essentials clients will be migrated in stages. We initially planned to migrate those clients towards the end of this quarter, however, based on the feedback we were receiving from the clients already on the new platform this has been delayed at this point to ensure that we do have the best experience for those clients. At this stage, we don't have an exact timeframe for when a particular MYOB Essentials business will be migrated.

From a subscription point of view, MYOB Essentials subscriptions are valued at the same price. You will probably find that the clients on new MYOB Essentials may be on a deal as they are new subscribers to the product thus the pricing would be different.

In terms of job costing in new MYOB Essentials, it is a feature that has been added to the product, I believe it was introduced last week. We've added that particular function as a soft launch and therefore promotion of that feature has been limited. However, marketing communications and other announcements are intended around that feature next month. Don't really think the focus for the majority of clients is around new features at this time with the end of the financial/payroll year is around the corner. That being said information relating to the jobs in new MYOB Essentials can be found on Help Article: Jobs.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, the link to 'Jobs' in the message above is broken. Is there any update on this feature? ie it is still planned for MYOB Essentials and is there a release timeframe? A prompt response would be great bc if MYOB Essentials isn't going to include this feature I need to upgrade to something that does. It is no longer efficient to run our business without this feature. Cheers. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,707 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,707Posts

5,131Kudos

5,531Solutions

Hi @JoN 

Apologies, here is the required Help Article that talks about how Jobs work in the newer MYOB Essentials platform - Jobs.

Currently, the newer MYOB Essentials platform is available for those clients that subscribe to a new MYOB Essentials business through our website (and don't wish to migrate data). Clients on the older MYOB Essentials platform will be migrated later this year - no ETA on timeframes for those migrations at this time.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks. The new feature looks great. But it's a matter of timing. Given the new subscribers get the new features + cheaper subscription, maybe we should cancel one subscription and start a new one? It's not really OK to say 'no ETA on moving existing customers across' - surely there must be some sort of plan. You would think your existing loyal customers would be your top priority? This is really disappointing. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,707 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,707Posts

5,131Kudos

5,531Solutions

Hi @JoN 

While we would love to share the way clients will be migrated to the newer MYOB Essentials platform and timings, there are various aspects that do need to be fully investigated and implemented before we move our existing client base. These processes are ongoing and more information on the migration of our existing client base to that newer MYOB Essentials will be available later in the year when we looking at deploying that migration on a larger scale.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
118 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

118Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

The problem is with the old Essentials is that you can't move anywhere because it's never had the function to export to CSV or xls or import from xls.  The new one was supposed to provide that to all users before end of June (according to the CEO back in February in Brisbane) but this hasn't happened.  So you can't move seamlessly even to another MYOB Essentials, let alone ARlive or a competitor.  You have to physically add everything in manually - customers, suppliers, chart of accounts, the lot.  This is hours of time and costly for the client.  It's really embarrassing to have to tell your clients that the program you recommended to them is actually a big trap and even though their business has grown, we can't upgrade.  I've been there.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,707 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,707Posts

5,131Kudos

5,531Solutions

Hi @carolineh 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to new MYOB Essentials and migrations. There has been a delay in getting our existing customer base to the newer MYOB Essentials platform. However, we are still committed to completing those migrations with more information being available later this year in regards to that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post