New user unable to accept invitation as their email address is linked to another MYOB account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
dragonflybs
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New user unable to accept invitation as their email address is linked to another MYOB account

Hello

I have invited a new user to our use our company file, but when they accept the invitation, MYOB advises that they are unable to accept invitation as thei email address is attached to another MYOB company file.

How can the new user accept the invitation to a different MYOB company file?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,080Kudos

903Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New user unable to accept invitation as their email address is linked to another MYOB account

Hi @dragonflybs

When someone accepts a User Invitation, this will present a screen asking the User to enter their MYOB Login Details. And if they don't have any, they can click Sign Up to begin creating new ones.

If we are entering an email address that is already used while going through the User Sign up process, that is the message that will be thrown.

I suspect the email address they are using to sign up with already exists on our system, I suggest attempting to run through the reset password process to see if they receive an email here to check if they are already a User in our Essentials system. You can have them go to: https://my.myob.com.au and choose "Forgot your password" to begin the process.

If they are;

Then they can set a password here and then go back to accept the invitation and enter their MYOB Login Details.

If they are not;

Please send me a Private Message with: The Email Address they are using to log in with and your MYOB Serial Number so I can investigate further.

You can send me a Private Message by clicking onto my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the next page.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | e-Invoicing (Coming Soon)
Previously Worked On:
In Tray
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

dragonflybs
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: New user unable to accept invitation as their email address is linked to another MYOB account

Thanks Hayden.  The user is registered with MYOB but not Essentials but we have re-set password so we can access the files.  Thanks for your assistance.  Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post