Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Online versus off line systems

I have a querry and would appreciate any assistance. 

I offer a division of the Catholic Church in Papua New Guinea my services as an accountant on a bro bono basis. I have set up the Archdiocese on MYOB Essentials on cloud basis. The Internet is only acessible from the HQ of the Archdiocese but the nuns entering the data live where there is no internet. They now want to go off line and I am insisting on the cloud based system I am installed as I am able to access the data there as I live in another part of the country.

Can MYOB have an off line system which can be downed loaded later where there is internet access. Please understand the Geographical and Instrastucture difficulties we have here.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

621Kudos

1,219Solutions

Re: Online versus off line systems

Hi @joey101 

I'm afraid that MYOB Essentials family are web browser based products, therefore internet is needed at all times. Essentials can also be accessed on smart phones or tablets if desired. 

Our more comprehensive product family AccountRight (desktop installation required), they do offer the ability to work online, and the company data file can be checked out to work offline when needed. Please feel free to browse this page for more information on working online with AccountRight.

Other factors to take into consideration would be that AccountRight subscription would generally cost more than Essentials. And currently there is no direct migration path to move from Essentials to AccountRight directly, a new company file would need to be set up, the beginning of a financial year is usually the best time for it. 

If you have more questions or interested to know more about migrating to AccountRight, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Valued User
277 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

277Posts

76Kudos

28Solutions

Re: Online versus off line systems

I use TeamViewer to access my files remotely when I am away. It can be set up for free if you set it to personal use. If you find a solution for your client that is off-line, you may want to consider this option.

Cheers

Robert

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post