Opening balance date and bank feeds

HillsNeuroRehab
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Opening balance date and bank feeds

I would like to begin using myob on 1st January 2019.
I have already set up bank feeds. 

Myob will not let me set the opening balance date to a future date so I am assuming I need to wait until the 1st Jan. 

Can I assume that myob will disregard the bank fees transactions prior to the 1st January? 

Or- do I need to set the start date to

be the same as when my bank feeds started which was 9th December?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,516 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,516Posts

562Kudos

1,174Solutions

Re: Opening balance date and bank feeds

Hi @HillsNeuroRehab 

You are correct that the opening balance date in MYOB Essentials cannot be set to a future date. Additionally, since the opening balance (or starting balance) is the balance of the accounts when you started using Essentials, therefore, you cannot have any transactions dated before the opening balance date. 

You can quickly check that by changing the opening balance date to the current date. If there are any transactions dated earlier than the new opening balance date, Essentials will notify you. They will need to be deleted before the change can go through. Bank Feeds transactions can also be deleted by our Bank Feeds team if desired, you can request that by emailing bankfeeds@myob.com with your account details, and the date(s) that you'd like the feeds removed (unreleasable).

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post