Out of Balance Reconciling

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
CNZ
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Out of Balance Reconciling

Hi there,

New(ish) to MYOB here so hopefully not a silly question...I'm wanting to reconcile an account with A LOT of transactions in it - is there a way to 'clear off' the transactions that I know match off with each other while the account does not balance? I'm having to scroll through hundreds of transactions and I'd love to be able to clear them off just so it doesn't look so overwhelming. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

1,419Posts

193Kudos

144Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Out of Balance Reconciling

Hi @CNZ

I just need to confirm what screen you are talking about specifically.

Is it the Bankfeeds screen? If so, you can hide some backfeed transactions by right-clicking on the bankfeeds transaction column and selecting the *Hide Transaction* option.

If you are on the reconcile accounts screen then there is not a way to hide the selected transactions until you hit the reconciliation button.

Helpful Hint:

If there are too many transactions to reconsile it may fail to reconcile the account after you have clicked the button. It is recommened  to reconcile a 1-3 monts at a time depending on the amount of transactions you have.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Developer

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner AlanT
1,190 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,190Posts

889Kudos

189Solutions

Hi @CNZ 

Whenever I reconcile an account that has lotys of transactions, I usually break it down into smaller managable chunks.

In other words, if I want to reconcile an account to say the 31st December, I may firstly reconcile it to the 31st July, the August, September etc.

If that is still too large, maybe weekly.

Hope this suggestion is helpful.

Regards,

AlanT

CNZ
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jake,

Thank you for your reply.

It is the reconcile accounts screen. Good to know the helpful hint, that would be just my luck! I will see if I can break it down into smaller chunks.

Kind Regards,

Ashley

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post