User
New Zealand
JJPL
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Overdue invoice reminder sending on wrong date if due date is changed

I created an invoice earlier this month and they were expecting to pay within 7 days, so I set the invoice date to 7 days time.

My customer contacted me, very sorry that something had come up and asked me if they coule pay a week later. No trouble to us, so I changed the due date on their invoice, so that an automatic reminder wouldn't be sent to them.

But today (20th May), which was 7 days after invoicing them, an automatic reminder was sent that says, "Just a quick automatic reminder that invoice... for $.... was due on 30th May 2019."

Why? Obviously it knows the due date was changed on the invoice, but it sent the reminder anyway. What should I have done? Surely I don't need to cancel the invoice and re-create another one just because a due date has changed. Smiley Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Mandito
1 Post
Cover User
Mandito
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Overdue invoice reminder sending on wrong date if due date is changed

I just recently had the same problem, and imentering my busy season - I dont want this to keep happening!

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Hello @JJPL @Mandito 

Thanks for your post.  With your old invoice date trigger, it may be from the way web based information such as Essentials environment treats information.  Are you able to see if after changing the date, you are able to remove or turn off the 7 day invoice reminder setting and then re-applying it again?  I have reason to believe that although the invoice date itself had been updated, any pre-empted reminders for the invoice had already been determined.  You would need a way to tell Essentials that the reminder should be re-scheduled as well.

By deselecting this option first, and then clearing the caches for your browser, and reapplying the setting, you can then see if that should remove any conflict.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JJPL
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
JJPL
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew

I appreciate your comments, however, should this not be something that MYOB fix, rather than trying to find a workaround? This is a problem with the system that we pay good money to use. If I change the payment terms on the invoice I expect that the system should then no longer send out a reminder saying it is overdue when it isn't any longer.

Kind regards

Paul

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Hello Paul (@JJPL )

Thank you for sharing your feedback in this, and can appreciate your concerns regarding your experience with this issue.  We take all feedback seriously and thank you for taking the time.  I will share it with the required teams.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JJPL
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
JJPL
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that Andrew. It would be great to see this fixed in the future.

Kind regards

Paul

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post