P & L times out

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
263 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User

263Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

P & L times out

Hi why is it that if I have my P & L report open (2017-18) If I dont access it for sometime(1 hour or so) get the attached error. i then have to go and restart the search againSmiley Frustrated

 

when can this be fixed is its a pain...it shouldnt keep timing outMYOB P &L.PNG

MYOB P &L.PNG
10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Re: P & L times out

Hi @LCrowhurst 

 

Just testing my MYOB Essentials, I didn't encounter the same particular issues as yourself after the Profit and Loss report open after a period of time. However, in saying that, I have seen cases of clients report that when MYOB Essentials is left unattended for a period that the system will log them out due to inactivity. A similar situation can be happening in this situation, where the report is being attended it is timing out after a period of inactivity. Do note that you are not able to increase the period of inactivity so the timeout occurs later.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
263 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User

263Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

Re: P & L times out


@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @LCrowhurst 

 

Just testing my MYOB Essentials, I didn't encounter the same particular issues as yourself after the Profit and Loss report open after a period of time. However, in saying that, I have seen cases of clients report that when MYOB Essentials is left unattended for a period that the system will log them out due to inactivity. A similar situation can be happening in this situation, where the report is being attended it is timing out after a period of inactivity. Do note that you are not able to increase the period of inactivity so the timeout occurs later. 


it does it all the time to me (I have to refresh and reselect the dates). and even after one hour it times ouSmiley Frustratedt. it shouldnt. how can this be fixed? 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Re: P & L times out

Hi @LCrowhurst 

 

As mentioned, a similar situation could be occurring for yourself where the system is timing out your request due to inactivity. If that is the case, there is currently no way to extend that timeout so that it doesn't occur.

 

With that being said, if you did want to try to prevent that I would be attempting that same process in a private window on the browser i.e. Incognito. Also, trying in another browser and/or connection would also be a recommendation along with disabling third party programs and browser add-ons to possibly prevent that situation from occurring.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
263 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User

263Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

Re: P & L times out


@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @LCrowhurst 

 

As mentioned, a similar situation could be occurring for yourself where the system is timing out your request due to inactivity. If that is the case, there is currently no way to extend that timeout so that it doesn't occur.

 

With that being said, if you did want to try to prevent that I would be attempting that same process in a private window on the browser i.e. Incognito. Also, trying in another browser and/or connection would also be a recommendation along with disabling third party programs and browser add-ons to possibly prevent that situation from occurring.


still does it in Indognito....thats after one hour. so I have to each reset the search. Smiley Frustrated we disabled Trend toolbar as well. 

MYOB P &L Incognito.PNG
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Re: P & L times out

Hello @LCrowhurst 

 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having this issue.  I do note that you had encountered a similar issue back in 2016 that had resolved for the most part and wanted to ask if you were working in the same environment as back then?  You mention Chrome and Safari on those posts and was curious as to the setup.

 

If you are using Chrome and have cleared your broser caches, are you able to test if it is related to settings on your particular machine?  If this problem persists on other computers as well I would be investigating your internet connection ability, and where possible accessing on a different secure network to rule this out as a cause.

 

As Essentials is a web based application these connection issues will often require determining if there are any factors on your environment that are causing the issue, the most common causes being that which have already been addressed in earlier posts in this thread.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
263 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User

263Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

Re: P & L times out


@Andrew_Y wrote:

Hello @LCrowhurst 

 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having this issue.  I do note that you had encountered a similar issue back in 2016 that had resolved for the most part and wanted to ask if you were working in the same environment as back then?  You mention Chrome and Safari on those posts and was curious as to the setup.

I mainly only use Chrome as ADVISED by MYOB (Windows) On my Mac i use Chrome also but only when i cant access Windows. i dont think the the issue ever went away nor resolved (yet we still pay the rise in fees Smiley Frustrated).

 

If you are using Chrome and have cleared your broser caches, are you able to test if it is related to settings on your particular machine?  If this problem persists on other computers as well I would be investigating your internet connection ability, and where possible accessing on a different secure network to rule this out as a cause. yes I have cleared the Cache however each time i have to do this I have to then resign in and enter the authentication number (Smiley Frustrated). this takes away from my workSmiley Frustrated. its not our network as we have a good network set up. it happens after inactivity and the message I get is a issue with the account. not network....again MYOB never seems to take ownerahip of the issue just rises the fees...

 

As Essentials is a web based application these connection issues will often require determining if there are any factors on your environment that are causing the issue, the most common causes being that which have already been addressed in earlier posts in this thread.

yes so you keep reminding us but as mentioned there is no issue with our network...

when I get this error it makes me think its MYPB not me...as soon as i am away from my pc and not actively in P & L it times out. 


 

MYOB P &L 3.PNG
MYOB P &L.PNG
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Re: P & L times out

Hello @LCrowhurst 

 

Thank you for your reply.  

"If you are using Chrome and have cleared your bro(w)ser caches..."

"Are you able to test if it is related to settings on your particular machine?"

 

I do apologise if this was stated poorly. it was not a suggestion to use chrome, but a confirmation that this troubleshooting step had already been completed.

 

  In checking to see if it is machine based, are you able to see if this timeout issue occurs on a different machine (windows or mac)?  As you also mention using a mac, is it possible to see if this occurs on a non-mac machine as well please?  If those have been ruled out as factors, then the advice regarding checking connections would be the suggested next step in troubleshooting (which you have confirmed do not appear to be contributing factors).

 

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
263 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User

263Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

Re: P & L times out

Hi

 

Still having the same issue with the P & L report giivng me the message (as per my previous screen shots). 

everytime it does it (generally when inactive for 20 mins or more) i have to refresh the page, refilter the dates. 

then recently i get a page witjh empty fields (see screenshot). 

I am using Chrome and I cant be expected to clear the cache every 5 mins. this alone slows me down and effects ofther sites i use. 

MYOB P &L.PNG

MYOB screenshot.JPG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4595Solutions

Re: P & L times out

Hi @LCrowhurst 


As mentioned in the past on this topic, the system may be timing out the connection due to the inactivity. If you are not using the software for a period of time then we do recommend closing it down. If you do leave it logged in then we can't guarantee a timeout will not occur and the data does need to be refreshed thus the screen (filters) re-setup as a result.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post