JAJEJIJOJU
3 Posts
User
JAJEJIJOJU

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PAYROLL REPORTING ISSUE

I have just deleted an incorrect payroll entry (error regarding the date) and processed a new - correct one.

However, I have checked the STP-ATO Payroll reporting (MYOB Essentials) and the deleted pay is still appearing on my Payroll Reports sent to ATO.

1. How do I notify the ATO to delete a submission; and

2. What is the correct method for correcting an incorrect pay run, which takes STP Reporting into account?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,070 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1074Posts

135Kudos

143Solutions

Re: PAYROLL REPORTING ISSUE

Hi @JAJEJIJOJU 

Thanks for your post. For instructions on this see, Do a Pay Run as well as Changing or Deleting a Pay.  To notify the ATO, you do an update pay event which is completing a $0 pay run. They're interested in the YTD figures so they don't need to delete the one submitted they'll just take the most recent one--the article goes into more detail on this. 

I hope this answers your inquiry. If so please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find this post easier.  Let me know how you go with this. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JAJEJIJOJU
3 Posts
User
JAJEJIJOJU

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa,

The recent that I entered is the correct payroll, can I still send $0 pay run to notify the ATO of the incorrect payroll entered prior to the correct payroll?

JAJEJIJOJU
3 Posts
User
JAJEJIJOJU

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Theresa_D,

The recent that I entered is the correct payroll, can I still send $0 pay run to notify the ATO of the incorrect payroll entered prior to the correct payroll? Will it not cause conflict?

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,051 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1054Posts

848Kudos

191Solutions

Hi @JAJEJIJOJU 

As mentioned by @Theresa_D the ATO are only interested in the YTD amounts, not the individual payruns. 

When you make a mistake in a payrun you need to correct it in MYOB then either do a $0 payrun or wait until you declare your next payrun and the YTD amounts will be updated and corrected automatically. You don’t need to notify the ATO about an incorrect payrun.

You just need to make sure any errors are corrected through STP within the 14 days allowed by the ATO.

Check the YTD amounts are correct by downloading a copy of the most recent report in the Payroll Reporting Centre. 

Cheers 

Tracey 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post