Partner Zone

Pay run paid from wrong MYOB account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rebcatpermatt
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay run paid from wrong MYOB account

Hi, I have two bank accounts set up in my MYOB (cheque and saver) and I have assinged the wrong account to the Payroll settings, I have done a payrun with this account as the 'paid from',  physically I have paid from the correct account in the actual bank software but  now of course my cheque account won't reconcile as the debits do not show in this MYOB account, - I'm looking to see where I can simply amend the transaction to reflect the correct account but I don't seem to find where or how, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,107Kudos

903Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay run paid from wrong MYOB account

Hi @Rebcatpermatt

As you can't edit the Asset account on a Pay after it's finalised, to me there are 2 options:

1. Delete the Pays, change the Payroll Settings and re-enter the pays to go against the correct account.

2. Simply create a Spend Money from the correct account to the incorrect account to "transfer" the balance across.

For #2, if the total balance of it all was say $2000, create a Spend Money from the account it should have come out of, and allocate it to the account it was incorrectly allocated to on the same date and this will correct the End-Balances for reconciliation. Though you will want to make sure the Spend Money transaction is like it was in real life.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Rebcatpermatt
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Pay run paid from wrong MYOB account

Hi Hayden, the neatest solution there seems to be to delete the pays and re-do.  I appreciate your advice.

Thank you

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post