1 Post
Cover User
Bulls
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Paying a supplier off with daily taking cash

We have a supplier who we pay in cash from canteen takings.  How can I record this in MYOB, so as I am not deducting from the takings twice.  Banked takings already have the supplier payment deducted.

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,622 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25622Posts

2951Kudos

3744Solutions

Re: Cash Transactions

Hi @Bulls

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

The way I would process that situation is having a separate bank account to gather those cash funds to pay off the supplier. I've included those steps below for you:

1. You would create a new bank account via your Business Menu (top right)>>Accounts - Accounts Lists>>Add accounts
  2. Once that account has been created, when recording your canteen takings you would record a Banking>>>Receive Money transaction for the associated accounts. You would also record a negative line to the newly created bank account for the amount you have taken out to pay that supplier i.e.

Attachment.PNG
    What this will do it, show that the full value of the takings has been recorded as income, you have transferred $x to the newly created account and also reflect the correct value being deposited into the bank account.

3. Once you have done that Receive Money transaction, you would do a Purchases>>Pay bills transaction as per normal to pay off that Bill. You would need to ensure that the From account is that newly created bank account.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post