Payment to completely random person

KH2021
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payment to completely random person

One of us accidentally made a payment to a completely random organisation (thinking he was paying from his own account).  Once we realised this, he reimbursed us for that amount.  However, we have bank feeds, and I have no idea how to allocate the payment or refund because there is no invoice or bill to allocate it or match it to. 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,421Posts

5,478Kudos

5,969Solutions

Re: Payment to completely random person

Hi @KH2021 

If it was me I would be allocating the withdraw to an account and then allocating the deposit to the same account. This will generate a Spend Money transaction to that account and then a Recieve Money transaction to clear it.

The longer way and may be more beneficial from an auditing point of view would be:

1. Create a $1 bill for that supplier.
  2. Navigate to Purchases>>Pay bills.
  3. Enter the Payment amount you actually paid in the Total amount paid and the Payment amount field for that bill. 
  4. Select Save.
  5. Navigate back to that particular bill and update that $1 line to now be $0.00 before selecting Save.

The above process will generate a withdrawal from the bank account for the amount paid which can be matched to the bank transaction. It will also generate a supplier return, which you can go to Purchases>>Process supplier returns>>Highlight the desired return and select Refund from supplier before saving the appropriate transaction. This will generate a deposit transaction in the bank account which can be matched with the bank transaction that comes in.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post