Payroll Deductions in MYOB Essentials

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner RBCentre
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Deductions in MYOB Essentials

I have a client who has setup salary sacrificing in MYOB Essentials and the salary sacrifice amount is coded to a payroll deductions account (which is an automatic linking when setting up the payroll category in essentials) which is a locked account.  Is there any way in which you can code or split a transaction and choose the payroll deductions account as an account to code to?  I have tried and cannot figure it out so was wondering if it has something to do with standard user vs administration access.  The client is paying superannuation liability using the small business house and it includes the SGC component (which they are allocating to superannuation payable) and the salary sacrifice amount which needs to be applied against the payroll deduction account (currently not).

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,737Posts

4,375Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Deductions in MYOB Essentials

Hi @RBCentre

Payroll Deductions in MYOB Essentials are coded to the Payroll deductions account, which is a linked account. Currently, a user, be it an administrator or standard user, is not able to specify a different account to be selected for that payroll deduction.

If you are needing for the deduction value to go to a different account, you would be looking at recording a journal entry after recording the payroll transaction(s) to move that balance across to the required account. Typically, it would be debit to the payroll deductions account and a credit to the required liability account for the required amount.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner RBCentre
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Thanks for getting back to me.  I figured that this was the case however I cannot even choose the payroll deductions account to code to when doing a general journal or trying to split a payment from the bank account.  Any ideas?

Thanks again!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,737Posts

4,375Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RBCentre

The only thing that I could think of that would stop you from selecting that Payroll deductions account on a transaction would be its an inactive account. You can tell if this the case at a quick glance of the account list is that particular account will be a lighter colour than the others:

Attachment.PNG

If that the case, you can select the Edit Accounts option and ensure the Active tickbox (last option for that account line) is enabled. If not, don't forget to select Save after making that change.

It should also be noted, that the Journal Entry window only currently allows account selection by name, not number. So, if you are looking for an account by typing it in, you need to enter the name of the account. Without going into it, the name vs number selection for a journal entry is something is a highly requested feature and something the team are aware of.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner RBCentre
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I can't believe that I didn't realise that myself.  Thank you!  That was exactly the issue.  Thanks again your help is greatly appreciated!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post