MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Payroll Transactions - bank feed not matching

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Heffy
3 Posts
Cover User
Heffy
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Transactions - bank feed not matching

Help Please

I have had a few payrolls over the Christmas break, where we have paid our employees a slightly different amount due to annual leave and leave loading etc.  Due to the way payroll is setup, we pay the employee a standard weekly wage, and then do a second transaction to pay them the small extra amount that they are owed.

Therefore, there have been 2 transactions on my bank statement - ie. - The employees normal weekly wage was $700, and then I paid a separate amount of say $37.30 for the extra amount for leave loading etc.

When I try and match these transactions and allocate them to the comleted payroll it will not let me.  I therefore cannot reconcile my bank account.

I have searched this forum for an answer and I note that a helpdesk person has said the following:

"In Essentials you can only match one bank transaction to one payroll transaction, and the amounts needs to be a perfect match. It's great you've removed the duplicate allocation, then you'll also need to unreconcile the manually reconciled payroll transactions. It can be done via Banking > Bank Reconciliations, untick the payroll transactions and click on 'Update Reconciliation' at the bottom. After that you can match them to the bank transactions."

Can you please advise a work around, or a solution to how I can do this so I can complete my bank reconciliation.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,782 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6782Posts

459Kudos

1086Solutions

Re: Payroll Transactions - bank feed not matching

Hi @Heffy,

First of all, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

If you have a Bank Feeds withdrawal of $737.30 showing, you can now match it to the payroll transactions of $700 and $37.30, assuming both payroll transactions were recorded to the correct bank account. When you try matching the bank transaction, please set the filter to display 'All transactions', then tick $700 and $37.30 to match, the remaining balance shall be $0.00. 

What happens exactly when you try to match the bank transaction? Was there any error message? If you can provide any screenshot it would be most helpful.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Heffy
3 Posts
Cover User
Heffy
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover

Unfortunately, when you try to open the amount up to all transactions in the bank transaction screen, the amount does not show,  However, when you are in the bank reconciliation screen it is there, but again, you cannot allocate it.  This then also makes the reconciliation not balance.

See my screen shots.

Screen shot 1 is the 2 transactions in the bank transactions screen which are from the bank feed from the bank account.  One transaction for $700 and the second transactions for $37.30.

Screen shot 2 is one of the transactions for $700 in the bank transactions screen.  When you go to 'allocate' and open up to 'all transactions' it still does not show any transactions to allocate a part amount to.

Screen shot 3 is in the bank reconcilation screen of the $737.30 amount from the payroll.

I really need to be able to allocate these amount so that I can complete the bank reconcilation.  Please advise of a work around.

Regards

Heather

Screen shot 1.jpg
Screen shot 2.jpg
Screen shot 3.jpg
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,782 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6782Posts

459Kudos

1086Solutions

Hi @Heffy,

Ah sorry I didn't realise it is a situation of two bank payments and one payroll transaction in Essentials Accounting, thank you for providing the detailed screenshots, they are most helpful.

In this situation, please delete the $737.30 payroll transaction recorded, temporary set up split pay in this employee contact, then record the pay again. This way you still only need to record one payroll transaction, but will have two separate amounts to be matched to the Bank Feeds transactions. For detailed instructions, please follow this Help page: Split a pay between multiple bank accounts

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Heffy
3 Posts
Cover User
Heffy
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Again

So, I basically need to delete the payroll's that were completed, and re-issue them with a 'split account' as per your link to the instructions. 

Could you then please provide instructions on how to delete a past payrun as I cannot seem to be able to do that also? You can view or print past payruns, but there does not seem to be an option to revise, or delete.

And is there also a way to do a payrun and not email the employee?  As I do not want to confuse the poor employee in regards to his pay, just because MYOB doesnt have a way to allocate a transaction properly....  He has already received a correct payslip, and I do not want him to receive a second one, as I need to correct a number of weeks payruns this way from over christmas.

Please advise.

Thanks

Heather

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,782 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6782Posts

459Kudos

1086Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Heffy,

You can delete a pay run by going into the employee contact > Pay History tab, click on 'x' in the Del column to delete it.

Capture.PNG

When you go to Payroll > Enter pay to record the pay again, please make sure the Email column is not ticked for this employee. This way at the end of the pay, you'll get the option to 'Print payslips to finish pay run' instead of emailing it.

capture2.PNG

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post