User
Australia
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll not appearing as a transaction for allocation

Hi,

I have done a payroll run, except that there has been a bonus paid. The bonus was paid at a different date to the regular payroll run. I am trying to allocate the bank transaction, but the payroll run does not appear as a transaction to be allocated. When I search of transactions and select all transactions, the payroll run does not appear. Looks like a bug as all transactions should do as it says and show 'all transactions'.

How can this be remediated?

Ben

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

627Kudos

1,223Solutions

Re: Payroll not appearing as a transaction for allocation

Hi @BenW 

There are a few reasons would cause the payroll transaction not appearing on the matching list:

- The payroll transaction is already reconciled - manually or matched to another bank transactions.

- The payroll transaction was recorded with another bank account as the paid from account.

- The payroll transaction amount is larger than the bank transaction amount. This is because while you can match multiple pay runs to the same bank transaction, it cannot be done the other way around. 

For the last scenario, if there are two bank transactions for the same payroll transaction, you can consider deleting the pay recorded, set up a split pay temporarily by following this Help article - Split a pay between two bank accounts, then re-enter the pay. This way with 1 payroll transaction there will be two separate amounts to be matched to bank transactions with. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post