MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Payroll report differs to payslip

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User Scurton
7 Posts
Contributing User
Scurton
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll report differs to payslip

I need some help allocating a payroll payment. The employer has made a bit of a mess. Pay is normally weekly and due to low funds paid an employee 2 weeks of wages at 1 time.  Then he paid the first week again 2 weeks after.  In normal situations i would probably delete some payslips and redo as a fortnight so it matches. However 1 payslip was not saved either.  So the employee got 3 weeks pay but only worked 2, and there is only 1 payslip for 1 week.  Again could be fairly simple to fix except for end of Financial Year.  This error wasnt discovered until after end of Fin year and group certificate and summary to ATO done and sent.  Employee has agreed to have overpayment allocated to the 2018-2019 year but i dont know how to allocate the payments to payslips.

Payments are made via online banking.

I have: $228.60 which does match the first payslip, but i also have $400.48 which is the 228.60 +171.88.  I have done a payslip for the $171.88 which was for work they did.  How do i allocate a payslip to the $400.48 which will be a larger amount than the payslips have.   Or attach the 2 payslips to the $400.48 amount. ( 1 will be for may and 1 for july)

I did try a manual spend money transaction but then im still left with the automatic PY transaction floating around to be allocated

Hopeing that makes some sense to someone.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,519 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30519Posts

3786Kudos

4453Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Payroll report differs to payslip

Hi @Scurton

As it appears that the actual payroll transactions have been recorded correctly, I would deal with the banking transactions through a holding account. I have outlined the process that I would use to deal with that situation:

1. Go to Accounts>>Account list and add a new bank account
  2. Once that account has been created, go to Payroll Settings and update the bank account for paying wages to be that newly created account.
  3. When completed, go process those particular pays as per normal. If they have already been processed, you would need to delete and re-enter those pays as per MYOB Essentials Help Article: Changing or deleting a pay
  4. After those pays have been processed, you would do a Banking>>Spend Money transaction to reflect the amount actually paid to the employee. The Pay account would be the main bank account with the allocate to account being that newly created account. Then it will be a case of matching the relevant bank transactions to those Spend Money transactions.

What the above process will do is place the pay values into that holding account and then the Spend Money transaction will take repaid that holding account taking the amount from the bank account.

My recommendation is to deal with that money being repaid is done outside of payroll i.e. the employee just gives back the money through an internet banking transaction or cash. If that is not an option the same process will apply above, process the correct payroll transaction with the banking account for paying ways being the holding account. You can then process a Spend Money for the amount actually paid.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

7 Posts
Contributing User
Scurton
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, That seemed to do the trick

7 Posts
Contributing User
Scurton
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Back on this one again. I thought it was all sorted out unitl i came to do the reconcilliation.  So i fixed the intial problem but because we did a payslip in the 2018/2019 financial year to cover the overpayment, and the fact we had already done group certificates etc before finding the overpayment.  Now when trying to reconcile MYOB Essentials is telling me there is a transaction for the payslip in July 2018, that was paid way back in May 2018, I thought about just reconcilling with the inccorrect balance but then that is going to be an ongoing thing.

Is there a way to nullify on the myob end that a transaction has been processed. There is defentily nothing in the bank transactions or in the reconcillation page. Myob just seems to be picking up the payslip as something that should have been paid in July 

MYOB Moderator Haydes
6,138 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Moderator

6138Posts

987Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @Scurton

Sorry for the delay in answering your post.

If you are looking at the Reconciliation window and see a Payslip there that was paid in May 2018, I'd be checking the date of that specific Payroll. If that Pay On Date was in July 2018, this would have been recorded in the current Payroll year as you were unable to process Payrolls in the 2019 year until July 1st 2018. 

If this Payroll is in the current FY, you can delete this Pay in the Employee's data. See our support note: Changing or deleting a pay

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post