Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KXN
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll

I am new to this and hope I ask my question clearly.

On 12/2/19 I processed my employee's pay via payroll - $1890.50.   I made the direct deposit that same day.

My employee then contacted me saying I had made a mistake and underpaid him.  So on 13/2/19 I deleted the payroll transaction for the $1890.50 and entered the correct hours.  He should have been paid $2066.50 so I direct deposited the $176 underpayment into his account.

My problem is:

I have 2 x spend money transactions ($1890.50 and $174.00) as well as a payroll transaction of $2066.50.  I am trying to reconcil the month of February and the total is out by $2066.50.  Unfortunately the spend money transactions were auto reconciled and the payroll transaction was manually reconciled.  

When I'm in bank transactions, the $2066.50 doesn't show up but when I'm in bank reconciliations it does. 

I have contacted MYOB support with no luck to resolving the issue.  Is there anyone on here that can help?  Please note as I only have 1 employee, I have not yet signed up for STP.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,032 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,032Posts

746Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll

Hi @KXN 

Normally where you have 2 payments, you need to use a Clearing Accout. I set up a Banking account called Payroll Clearing.  Use this account as the Pay From account when processing the pay. Then allocat the Bank Feed entries to this Payroll Clearing Account.

In your case, it may be easier to simply allocate the 2 payments back to the same bank account, and then manually tick and reconcile the 3 entries in the Bank Reconcilaition window.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post