Australia
jacs-auto
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll

I am new to the bank feeds, coping OK. Lots of info in Myob and on here but I am hoping someone can help me. I have paid the employee correctly in MYOB but have underpaid him in the bank. Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4118Kudos

4597Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll

Hi @jacs-auto 

Great to hear that you are finding the information provided and this Forum useful.

The way I would deal with this situation would be the following:

1. Delete the necessary payroll transaction - Changing or deleting a pay Note: if you file using STP/Payroll reporting then that is fine, MYOB Essentials will report the Year to Date information in your next pay.
  2. Once deleted, go to the Employee record - Payroll>>Employees and select the relevant employee
  3. In the Employee Details>>Banking section, select the Split pay between two accounts option and enter the split information i.e. amount actually paid to the employee and the remaining amount. Don't forget to select Save on the employee's record after this step.
  4. Reprocess that employee's pay
  5. (Optional) Go back into the employee's record and remove that split pay between accounts option.

What the above process will do is generate two banking transactions for that employee to which you can then match to the associated bank transactions paid to the employee.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User jacs-auto
4 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
jacs-auto
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven_M.

I do have another issue now. If you could help me with it would be great.

In 2015 a customer had a credit in system. I applyed this credit to 1 invoice which left the customer with a credit still. I applied an amount of this to another invoice which should have left a smaller credit amount, the system is showing me what invoice and the amount the credit was for but the system has taken the whole credit as being paid out. My system is still saying, as it should, they have a credit but I cannot see it in my returns and credits tab.

I opened up the history for credit and it shows 2 sales journal entries for this credit. The first one is correct when I go into it. The 2nd one is the amount of what should have been left. But when I go into this entry it shows me the credit amount I took out, which is correct but it should have left a credit in system for customer. Which it doesn't. I am sorry but for over explaining.

Regards Marcelle

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Hello @jacs-auto 

Glad to hear that the assitance from my colleague was helpful.

Are you still having an issue with your credits balance for your customer?

Are you able to see on sales history for the customer if there are any unaccounted for transactions for the customer?  Typically, short of a refund, credits would not ba able to behave in a way that would override the preservation of a carry over credit/owing balance.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post