10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Printing issues

OK... just wondering if anyone else is having problems printing from MYOB.

Since I'm getting no response from emails to MYOB (I was given an email in case the issue was not resolved) and no return phone call, I thought I'd throw it out there as perhaps someone else has the same/similar problem and I need to fix this urgently (particularly as I've processed payroll and can't print all payslips). 

When I print Payslips only 5 of the 15 print.  Not 1-5 and then it missed the remaing ones - it prints three, missed three, prints one more and misses the next two prints another and then that's it... no more are printed.

Since MYOB thinks they've all been printed, I go to the Advance Filter button and ensure the Print unprinted box is not checked.  I now get a list of all the pay slips for the stated period - click on the ones that have not been printed and print them, however they will not print - even if selected one by one.

I cannot print Sales invoices or RCTI's either - in the latter case I get the error message printed as per attached. for Sales invoices it's just like Pay Slips - they go off to the printer but do not arrive at the printer.

I can print most other reports from MYOB i.e.  Payroll Activity Summary etc.

Has anyone encountered this type of issue before that could please give me some direction to get things working.  Thanks so much

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,872 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,872Posts

1,407Kudos

1,680Solutions

Re: Printing issues

Hi @Aileen_6300 

If all documents were not arriving at the printer then this would typically indicate something is preventing the documents from being processed by the print spooler on your computer. This is something you would need to speak with your IT professional about.

Given some documents are making it to the printer it suggests that the issue does not lie with the print spooler. Instead it sounds like the issue might lie with the printer driver itself being potentially corrupted. This can be tested by either reinstalling the printer driver or using a different printer such as the XPS document writer, which is a digital printer not a physical one.

If using another printer does print all documents, then the next step would be to reinstall the printer on that computer.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Aileen_6300
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Printing issues

Thank you Neil_M for your reply.  I have finally been able to get assistance from MYOB and the issue has been sorted.  As I had no difficulty in printing anything else (i.e. Word/Excel docs, etc.) from my computer to the printer and most of the reports etc. from MYOB would print I knew the problem was somehow associated with MYOB not the printer itself.  It turned out to be the Cache folder not emptying in MYOB folder.  Let's hope in a fortnight's time I don't have the problem again - but if I do, I now have written instruction on how to clear it myself.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post