Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Problem with GST report for BAS

Dear MYOB Team,

I am using MYOB Essential. I got trouble with preparing BAS for Apr to June 2020 period due to the GST on the purchasing amount shown on the MYOB GST report is different from GST on the purchase amount shown on draft BAS created on the same MYOB file.

I ensured that I chose the same accounting model (cash) and for the right period of 01 Apr to 30 June.

I am using google chrome to run MYOB and my accounting advises me to clear the catch and cookies, I did as the advice, but still does not work.

I do notice that the GST on purchase shown on draft BAS is correct, the amount shown on GST report is incorrect. This is confirmed by my accounting assistance. 

Noted that the GST on sales is correct on both GST reports and draft BAS - no problem.

Do you have any idea how to fix and see where is the problem is?

Thank you

Cynthia King

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
2,726 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,726Posts

288Kudos

427Solutions

Re: Problem with GST report for BAS

Hi @cheapcheaphomew 

If you are finding a difference in your BAS report and that of the GST reports, and have ensured that dates are correct, the first thing would be to determine how much is the difference in the values.  Once that has been checked, you can go back to the GST report in the software and check the individual transactions that make up that balance. After doing so, check if the tax codes are correct in the transactions as the difference is mostly caused by tax codes being incorrectly selected in BAS settings. 

Let us know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Dear Komal,

Thanks for the below advice, I thought about the solution below but the report is over 30 pages, It is very time-consuming to check one by one. I to mention to you that the GST report was printed since two months old and there was changes/update to the file, now the currently GST report is updated correctly, however, the draff BAS was not updated accordingly automatically.

I can change the figure manually and lodge the correct BAS but I consider this is the last option because doing so this not right, there is still something wrong with the system.

I can see from the BAS screen (see attached screenshot) that I have options to "delete/save/ validate/prepare to lodge" what will happen if I delete the current draft BAS? I can start again and the system will come up with the correct figure?

If yes I will delete and start again, but I need to be sure that this is safe to do so? otherwise, I will manually change the figure and lodge?

Thank you

CK

cheap cheap homwares bas.png
MYOB Moderator
2,726 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,726Posts

288Kudos

427Solutions

Hi @cheapcheaphomew 

It is understandable that it might be time consuming to go through 30 pages. That being said, if you delete the BAS draft, it will draw fresh copy of figures from the file for that period, which can be again correct or incorrect depending on how tax codes are set up. But you should be able to delete and re-do BAS if it has not been submitted for that period already.

Let me know if you were able to lodge it correctly or if you had to manually change the figures. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post